Talks [Jacob + Megan]

"There are two types of pain in this world. Pain that hurts you and pain that changes you." ~ unknown.

4 weeks before Jacob and Jessica met.

"You want to be my sunshine? Then I suggest you stay a billion kilometres away from me, idiot. I'd rather be engulfed in darkness than be burnt by your light."

She spat harshly at me, her words clear and definite. She knew this day would come. She knew the right things to say, the right things to smash my stone heart.

Reality has shaped us and we have shaped the horrible reality we are trying to survive through everyday.

I tried picking up the pieces left of my smashed heart, but the harder I try, the more broken I become. Once something is broken, it will never be the same again. Try putting back the pieces together? It will remain flawed with cracks in between. You can't make something flawless again once it's broken.

She broke me, yet she lightened up my dark soul.

Crazy, isn't it? What one person could do to you, how love could destroy things yet change everything.

"M-Megan, I didn't --" I bite my lip, fighting away the tears that threatened to spill out of my eyes. I'm a man, and crying shows weakness. I have learnt to hide my emotions, to keep it all in and never let it go. I have learnt that crying is a sign of vulnerability.

"Oh? You didn't, huh? Then explain what THIS looks like to you, Jacob." She grabs her phone out of her pocket, taps it a few times, then shoves it in front of my face.

"This is my proof Jacob. Proof that you're not worth it. Proof that I deserve someone way, way better than you." It was a video of a drunk guy at a club, his hair disheveled and his clothes wrinkled. His eyes dark, his lips swollen, and his shirt taken off halfway through the video.

He was grinding, kissing, and humping every girl he saw pass. He whispered something to each girl with a seductive look in his eyes, his lips curved into a smile. Who would take a video of this?

The drunk person is me.

Before I could even ask, she says, "just a random guy that took the video. Glad he was smart enough to send it to me."

"Megan, I can expla--"

"Do you know how many times i've heard that from you? I've given you more chances than I have ever given anyone before, and you break it each time. You have broken us."

"I l-love you." I croaked out hesitantly.

She remained silent for exactly three minutes and forty-four seconds. I can't stand her silence. The power of silence can't be defined, it's the most powerful scream. I hate it when i'm the reason for her silence. It hurts to be the cause of her pain.

I hurt her, she hurts me. We're just not the two opposites that have a strong connection and attract each other.

"Why the hell are you two fightin' eh? It's bloody pointless, it'll get ya nowhere in life." I cocked my head around and saw a man who looked to be around his fifties, smoking a rotten looking cigarette. He sat on the concrete in an uncomfortable looking position, his clothes and face covered in dust.

Homeless. Without hesitation, I opened my duffel bag, grabbed two nutella sandwiches and handed it to him. He nodded, a faint smile visible on his wrinkly features. I smiled at him and my frown etched back onto my face when I looked back at Megan.

"Were not fighting, sir. We're just ending something that never began in the first place." She looked at me straight in the eye, her voice bitter and her fake smile clearly evident.

"Well then, hope everything goes alright between you tw--"

"Meg, you coming or what?!" A soft yet demanding voice interrupts the homeless man, the voice coming from a shiny white Mercedes.

"Shut up and hold your damn horses, Jessica!" Megan snaps, then turns her head back to me with a scowl on her face.

"Lawson, we are done. I thought you were worth it, but I guess you're just as stupid as everyone else. And if Jessica ever talks to you, remember that she hates you just as much as I do." With that, she struts away, flipping her hair and giving me her signature glare.

A tear slipped out of my left eye. Then they kept coming, endlessly and I couldn't stop. What is this? What am I feeling?

"You're feelin' pain, son." I jumped, forgetting that the homeless man was still here.

"Boy, don't cry you're eyeballs off. She'll be crawlin' back to ya if you really were worth it .You just gotta wait and see if it's true mate. Best of luck, ya got a long life ahead o' ya. Don't waste it."

I hope I don't waste it.

I hope.

_______________________________

My one shot for the BLOODY AMAZING story 'talks and texts' by @Z-Aquarius-Kai

Idk whether this turned out to be good or bad but I hope it was okay.......