Beautifully Depressing;

So i was listening to a song and i just suddenly had this idea for a story, so here it is. (:

hope you like it. (Y)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Prologue;

I know it was one of the biggest mistakes I had ever made yet I couldn’t bring myself to regret the decision that bought her into my life, that same decision that had split my family up. The one that changed all our life’s forever. The whole situation was beautifully depressing...

Chapter One;

I remembered that night, the night my life changed forever, pretty well considering I was drunk. Mary James’ sixteenth, I had been looking forward to it for weeks, getting excited about it with Josie. Deciding what to wear; it all seems like a lifetime ago.

                My head was pounding from the drink but I continued to dance; well it was more like swaying with Josie. I had never been this drunk and I loved it, I felt brilliant.

“I’m just going to get another drink!” Josie called over the music.

I nodded at her and continued dancing a little. I watched her leave the dance floor and scanned the room for someone that I knew. I spotted Reese, he was in my year at school; we had a few mutual friends and we spoke occasionally. I walked slowly towards him worried that I was going to fall; I ended up tripping over my own feet and went stumbling into him.

“Whoa! How much have you had Scarlett?” 

“Um- I actually don’t remember.” I admitted.

Reese was clutching my waist holding me up although he was also swaying, I remember thinking he must have had some alcohol too. I put my forehead onto his chest; I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. I felt sick.

“I think I am going to be sick” I murmured.

Reese grabbed my arm and practically carried me the stairs, he nudged the bathroom door open with his foot, placing me down carefully next to the toilet. I rested my forehead on the side of the toilet; it was cold and seemed to help with my pounding headache. I knew then that I was going to be sick so I lifted y head and felt Reese hold back my hair as I was sick he then gave me some tissue to wipe my mouth.

                I felt so much better after that, my head had stopped pounding. I slowly stood up, using to towel rack for support. I turned around to thank Reese but he wasn’t there. I stood there confused for a few minutes then I walked out of the bathroom and saw Josie walking away from Reese, they must have just been talking seeing as no-one else was around. I was just about to ask what they were talking about when Reese turned to me.

“Come on Scarlett, I’m taking you home.”

I was actually grateful for this I suddenly felt really tired. I followed Reese down the stairs; we pushed through a group of drunken teenagers and stepped out into the chilly wind. Jeez it wasn’t this cold earlier. I wrapped my arms around my shoulders and I could feel the Goosebumps. I felt something being placed on top of my shoulders, it was lovely and warm.

“Here” Reese whispered.

Reese had given me his jacket.

“Thank you.” I whispered sliding my arms into his warm jacket.

Reese and I began walking over the field by the front of the house when I realised that we were walking in the completely wrong direction. I stopped walking; Reese stopped too and looked at me confused.