The Black Roses

I was just sitting there, crying. I didn't know what to do. I look through my hands to see a boy staring at me and begin to believe I'm going crazy. Am I seeing things?

"Hey..." I hear his kind voice whisper. I sniff and look up, not bothering to wipe my eyes. I slightly open my mouth but no sound comes through my slightly chapped lips.

"Are you okay?" He asks, looking a tad concerned, as if I was an acquaintance to him. I went to nod but I felt my tears streaming down my colored cheeks and sighed. I nodded and looked at the ground.

"Are you a...mute?"

I look up at him like he's crazy.

"No, I'm not a mute...I'm just stressed." He lets out a sigh of relief and laughs.

"I should introduce myself, I'm Nicolas. And you are...?" I widen my eyes and deepen into memory. He looked and sounded familiar, I just never got a real good look at him, that's all...

"Jade."

"Hey, aren't you on X-Factor?" He half smiles at me. I nod in appreciation that I was recognized by someone.

"Yup." I laugh a bit and look at him.

"You have a really good voice! And you sung My Chemical Romance too!"

"I love them, they are my inspiration...and other bands, too. Black Veil Brides, Panic! At the disco....exedra..." And after realization that he said I have a good voice, I blush and look at the ground, smiling.

"Don't be embarrassed!" He laughs, smiling at me.

"Okay..." Well of course I'm going to be embarrassed, he thinks I have a good voice! Was he being nice? Oh god why.

"So...what happened? Did a squirrel get run over?" I shake my head.

"No. I got abandoned." I cover my face.

"What? How?" I could hear the worry in his voice.

"My dad didn't want me to be a singer, and I told him I'm following my dream, and if he didn't like it then..." I sigh, and Nicolas hugs me.

"I'm here for you if you need me." He smiles and ruffles my hair.

"Thanks....so, whatcha doing wandering around? Bored?" I ask him.

"Yea, I guess you can say that..." He says, smiling.

For about 50 minutes we sit in the park, talking about random stuff.

"Are you on Instagram or something?" I ask, tilting my head. He nods.

"nicolasalaya_11 and nicolasalaya_12 ?" I ask.

He nods. I guess he must of seen my widened eyes and stuff.

"Fan?"

"Uh...no, it's not that...I uh...have to go." I stand up and start to walk away quickly but he grabs my wrist and pulls me back.

"What's the rush?"

"I uh...have a meeting...."

"And you suddenly remembered."

"No...it's just...I...nothing... Can I go?"

"What did I do?"

"Nothing!" He stands up and strokes my arm.

"Can we just-" I interrupt him by running away.

"Great, Jade. Just an average day, scaring off people. Just great." I whisper to myself. Knowingly enough that he wouldn't follow me, I stop.