Chapter One

Shawn Mendes - Stitches

The Script - Breakeven

Bruno Mars - Count On Me

**********************

3 months ago:

"No, please. You can't do this to me Adam!" I begged him, he can't leave me, he just can't.

"I'm sorry, I'm just not in that place anymore." he said to me and at that moment, as I was looking into his eyes, there was no love. That sparkle he used to have in his eyes when he looked at me just slowly drained away from him.

I tried to push some words out, anything, but I couldn't. My stomach tightened and my heart sunk. I felt the heat rise from my feet up to my face and I could hear my heart beat. My hands became clammy and started to shake as I returned my gaze from Adam and started to stare at the floor. Why is this happening? Why does this always happen to me?

My eyes started to fill with tears but as much as I tried to hold them back, they escaped. It felt like an ocean had been hiding behind my eyes and it's finally been released. I quickly wiped the tears from my face, not wanting Adam to see the pain I was in.

I stood up and turned my back towards him, walking towards the door.

"Get out!" I said, trying to sound confidant but my voice came out in a high-pitched squeak.

He just sat there and looked at me blankly.

"I said GET OUT!" I shouted across the room, surprising myself at how loud my demand came out.

He sprung up out of his chair and looked at me apologetically as he stood at the door frame in front of me, about to exit.

"I really am sorry Heidi." Adam managed to force out a sentence but I didn't reply and avoided all eye contact.

I shut the door, pushing Adam out of it in the process. I turned around and rested my back on the door, clutching onto my body and gripping my t-shirt. Everything I was holding in pushed itself out in that moment. My eyes released more tears and I found it hard to catch my breath. I rested my head on my knees after sliding my back down the door. Why does this always happen to me?

I sat there for around 10 minutes, just releasing my pain. I just hope my friends return from dinner soon because I can't do this alone!

************************

Present day:

*knock knock*

I was brought out of my day dreams when I heard a knock at the door, a very specific knock. I shout for the person to come in already knowing exactly who it is.

"Good morning." he said as he entered the room "How you feeling today?" he asked as he sat down on my bed next to me, his deep morning voice echoing through my room.

"Not to bad actually, how about you?" I looked towards Benedict as he laid himself down next to me.

"Oh I'm great, I feel so energetic this morning!" he said as he handed me a cup of tea.

I gave him my 'are you serious look'.

"What's that look for?" Benedict asked in a shocked voice.

"You have just entered my room, laid down on my bed practically unable to keep your eyes open and you're telling me you're feeling energetic?"

"Ugh yeah." Benedict said as he jumped out of my bed and clapped his hands.

"Shhhh, you'll wake everyone up!" I said to Ben as I began to laugh at his stupidity.