ME

I woke up to my phone buzzing. It was Marie texting me.

Hey you up?  - Marie

I now am. What do you need   -Me

I need you to get over here quickly because Shawn has lost his mind and is drunk again.   -Marie

Let me get dressed and I will be over there in a few minutes.   -Me

Alright see you then.  - Marie

       Marie was my best-friend since high school who married our other best-friend, Shawn. Marie found out about four months ago that she was pregnant. Shawn was happy when he found out but lately Marie says that he is always saying that he has to work late but what he is really doing is going out to bars and getting really drunk. His excuse to be drinking is stress and celebrating the news of the baby. The only problem is that when he gets really drunk he screams and yells at Marie then starts to damage the house. I honestly don't know where he is getting the drinking problem from. He was a straight A honor roll student and played football, basketball, and baseball. He was also in the theater club as well as speech and debate club. He has the perfect home life, unlike me whose parents divorced while I was in middle school and my father verbally abused me while my mother physically abused me while I was young.

    I pull a comfortable red flannel shirt over my tank top and yank on a pair of black leggings then slip into my converses. I brush my hair till it shines in curly waves down my back. Next  I sweep my hair up into a messy bun and apply my makeup. On my way out the door I grab a package of pop-tarts and lock the old wooden shadow framed door. when I get into my car I blare my favorite metal music out the windows on the way to the freeway. The day looked nice enough I thought, with the sun rays streaming through the small cluster of trees. I looked up and noticed how deep sapphire blue the sky appeared to be against the white wispy and cottony flow of the clouds.

     I pull off the freeway and onto a dirt road. I come to a stop at the stop sign and look over to my left and spot my ex- fiancée. Great I thought just what I need right now. Thankfully he didn't seem to recognize me when I flew past him. I cruised down the old rutted road, wishing that that Marie didn't live out so far in the woods. it was pretty though no matter how much I complained it was always calming to come out here when I was little. When I pulled into the driveway no one was there and nothing was trashed or broken. This is really weird I thought.