Prologue

6 months ago...

"...and then, I fell and dropped my bowling ball! And it tripped two senior citizens!"

I laughed at Peter's story before saying "Well, you do have a history for messing with old people! Remember the sprinklers?"

"I was only have fun," he justified. "Beside, you're not exactly a saint."

"Me!" I said, sarcastically."I'm an angel!"

"Oh really?" He replied, not believing me."What about the cheerleader incident?"

"They were being real bitches!" I said."They deserved it!"

"Did you really have to pour mud all over them?" He asked.

"They can't always have perfect hair!" I reasoned.

Then I looked into his eyes. His beautiful, deep blue eyes, with his chocolate hair hanging over it. I sighed in my head. He's just so...wonderful. I've had this crush on him since 6th grade. And it's junior year now. Not what you'd call progress in this relationship of ours. I almost got the guts to tell him about my feelings. But then I ran into a problem.

"Speaking of cheerleaders," he said, in a familiar tone."You've got cool it with Brittney."

"You don't understand, Peter," I replied. "I'm not the one who started this."

"You're the one who took her clothes when she was taking a shower in the locker room." He argued.

"Only because she pulled down my sweatpants in front of the entire cafeteria!" I answered.

"What is the rival you guys have?" He asked. "Why are you two arch enemies? What happened that put this ridge between you two?"

I knew the answer to the question, but I was afraid to answer it. What would happen? What would he think of me? So instead of answering it, I said "That's not important," I said, dismissing it.

Then Brittney walked towards our location, while I mumbled "Speak of the devil."

"Hey babe," she said, to Peter, then practically made out with him, right in front of me. Again, my heart broke into more pieces, as it always did when I saw him with her.

When they finally finished making out, she smirked at me, knowing about my crush, then said "Hey bitch."

"Hey slut," I replied.

"Peter!" She whined.

"Come on, Ann," he says, defending his girlfriend.

"Why do you always take her side?" I asked.

"Because he's my boyfriend, you fucking idiot," she replied, all snobby.

"Yeah, but he's my best friend," I countered."Has been since the 3rd grade."

"Aw, come on you two," he replied. "I take both your sides!"

"Yeah, right," I snorted.

"Okay, first, Ann, apologize to Britney for calling her a slut," he says.

"Please," I say."It's the truth. She just made out with you in front of me. Only sluts do that."

"That was only a peck on the lips," she said.

"If that's a peck, I'd hate to see your idea of a French kiss," I chuckled.

"How dare you," she said. "First you call me a slut, then you go and insult me even more, in front of my boyfriend?"

"Please, he's my best friend. He won't beat me to a pulp or anything," I say.