the end of summer

a/n ~ this will be in different pov's; not just one :)

CHLOE'S POV

hey guys! pool party at my house today! let's end this summer right! :) chloe xx

I proofread the text before smiling and sending it in a group text. Summer is coming to an end and I thought it would be an awesome idea to have everyone over for a little "end of summer pool party". This summer has been amazing! We did three concerts in over three months and Marcus finally asked me out! SQUEEEEE! 

It was our last concert and at the end of our performance, in front of EVERYBODY, he told me that he liked me more than a friend and that he really cared about me. I couldn't believe it. He asked me to be his girlfriend and I SAID YES!! I would be crazy if I didn't!

So anyway, that's what happened. Now, I just wish Theo and Brandon would man up and ask out Zoey and Nikki. It's so obvious they like each other! 

Just then, I got a reply from Violet. She said that she will be there and her mom will also pick up Marcy. At that same time, Nikki and Zoey texted also saying that they're coming.  I quickly responded and soon, Brandon and Theo RSVP'd. Yay! We are going to have so much fun!

NIKKI'S POV

My mom and Brianna dropped me off at Chloe's house. Brianna threw a tantrum the whole way because she couldn't come and swim and I said that it was for the big kids. She whined, but thankfully we made it to Chloe's. I hopped out and waved goodbye. I walked up to Chloe's doorstep and knocked. 

"Hey Nikki! I'm so glad you could make it! Everyone is in the backyard.", she chrirped and stepped aside to let me in. 

We walked through her house and out to her backyard. Her backyard is very big. She has a large in-ground pool and a small hot tub. She has those pool lounge chairs too. I instantly saw Zoey, Violet, and Marcy at a table writing what looked like a list. 

"Hey guys! Whatcha writing?", I asked, setting my bag down. 

"Hi Nikki! We're writing down a list of dares for when we play Truth or Dare later. See!", Marcy explained, handing me the list.

Mix pickle juice with salt and chocolate syrup and drink the whole thing

Do an impression of a British Tyler Oakley

Play 7 Minutes in Heaven

Okay, I knew that last one was definitely Violet's idea. See, Violet is a bit dirty minded or as she calls it, a sexy imagination. Whatever it's really called, she likes that dirty romance stuff. Oh Violet...

"Wow, these dares are very....daring.", I remarked.

Zoey and Violet snickered and then Chloe joined. 

"So, I see you saw the crazy dares that the "Dare Squad" came up with?", Chloe chuckled. 

"Yes. Yes I have.", I added, rolling my eyes. "Oh, where's the guys?", I inquired while looking around.

"They're inside. Marcus is getting a sno-cone and Brandon and Theo are getting water guns and water balloons. Theo mentioned that he wanted to beat Brandon in a sport and prove that he's "Mr. Macho" in front of Zoey. I don't know he never makes any sense.", she responded with a slight smile. 

I laughed and Marcus came jogging out of the house with a dark colored sno-cone and a wide smile.

"Chlo, not only do I love you, but I love your sno-cone machine! I mixed all the flavors together and got this sick flavor! It's cherry, blueberry, orange, and grape.", he exclaimed. 

"Awww, baby. That's...fascinating.", she giggled and wrapped her arm around his waist and laid her head on his chest. CUTE COUPLE ALERT OMG!!

All the sudden, Brandon and Theo came running out squirting each other with water guns. They were completely soaked. They immediately stopped once they heard Chloe's ticked off voice. I couldn't help but notice Brandon's wet shirt. It was stuck to his skin and you could see his toned abs and muscles. My cheeks starting heating up and I knew someone would see it. So, I turned my attention to Chloe, who was snapping at Theo. 

"If you got water on my floor, you are DEAD SWAGMIRE!", she hissed.

Poor Theo had a nervous look on his face and then quickly sprinted back inside with Chloe following right behind. Zoey and Marcy skipped inside and Violet wheeled close behind. She smirked at us and then continued to the house. Then, it was just Brandon and I. Alone.

BRANDON'S POV

"W-wow, Nikki, you ummmm...you look amazing.", I smiled shyly at her. God, she is beautiful. Everything about her; not just her looks, but her personality and character.

"T-thanks Brandon. Ummmm...you look amazing, too.", she replied.

I chuckled and set the squirt gun on the table.

"Well, thank you very much, Miss Maxwell.", I added with playful bow. She giggled and blushed. She is so cute when she blushes!

Just then, everyone else came back outside. 

"Who's ready for a cannonball!!??", Marcus shouted. 

Without even getting to answer, he did a cannonball right into Chloe's pool. Of course, Theo wanted to top Marcus' cannonball and successfully made a bigger splash. Marcy and Chloe helped Violet out of her wheelchair and set her down by the edge. I felt bad that she couldn't actually jump in with us, but at least she could sit by the edge and stick her feet in. Zoey already had dived in so it was just Nikki and I that haven't jumped. 

"You gonna jump in?", I inquired taking off my shirt and tossing it to the side. Her eyes instantly met my abdomen and her cheeks turned a rosy pink. Ooooooh, she likes my abs. Already making some headway.

"Uhhhh, y-yeah.", she stuttered while taking her shorts off, leaving her only in a orange bikini. Damn, she is so hot. I think, no, I AM asking her out tonight. No chickening out this time. 

"On three?", she asked while eyeing the water.

"On three.", I confirmed with a smile. 

"One."

"Two."

"Three!"

SPLASH!

We came back up for air to find our friends all smiling at Nikki and I. I looked at Marcus and his face read "ASK HER OUT ALREADY LOVERBOY!!". I glared at him and he shook his head.

We swam for while, played water-themed games, and had a water gun fight. Violet spoke up and proposed the idea of playing Truth or Dare. We all agreed, but Nikki looked nervous.

hey everyone! here is part one of my dork diaries two-shot i've been working on. part two should be up sometime this week. also, "locked up" is currently on hold 'till further notice. i'm really sorry, but i have writer's block on that story and wanted to write something else. i will let you know once it's off hold. i want to thank you all for the positive feedback on it, too! :)

catherine

 x