Facts About Snakes

Snakes

 Do you like Garter snakes? They usually live in towns, but they can live about anywhere. They are smaller snakes, they can grow up to 3 feet. They eat insects, and mice. Snakes are pets, but it is illegal to sell wild snakes. If you have to wild snakes that you breed in the jungle, then you could go to jail. Snakes are all over the world, and there are different kinds and colors.

There are different snakes all over the world. Some snakes can get really big, and others are small. They’re are different colors too, and there are different snakes in the habitats depending on where they live. Snakes that live in colder areas of the country the snakes will hibernate, they usually hibernate in grasses, or tree brush.

There diet is insects, and mice. They can get really big, and there are snakes that if they eat a dear in one meal then they won’t have to eat in another two years.   There are some snakes that can eat a big meal, but there are also some snakes that don’t have a big enough mouth that they will have to eat very often. Girl snakes don’t eat when they come out of hibernation, because they are looking for mates to have baby snakes.

If you want to find a snake you should look near water areas, and they like to hide under things. They also like to hide in brush, dried grass, and places that you cant see.

Snakes are all different, some can lift 80% of their length into the air to go into a tree. The snakes hide up in trees, in Florida they hide in orange trees and when people pick the oranges and the snakes will bite the people. In Africa they have houses, and the floor is dirt, so snakes could easily get in a house and kill the people in the house.

There are some snakes that kill a frog that are poisonous, and they bite it where the poison isn’t at, and then the frog dies and the snake uses its fangs and sucks the venom from the frog and puts it into the snake venom area, and now it can hunt. The snake has to go get venom, because it doesn’t make any.

There are most snakes that have venom. Be careful when you are around snakes. When the snakes are all balled up and you can’t see its head then you can pick it up.

(Written By: Dalton Monticue)