Monicas life

Monica Dandy isn't your natural school girl. She wears her rollerblades everyday to and from school, along with her flowery helmet and protective gear. Her rollerblades are black with blue stripes. She considers herself a professional rollerblader because for the last 5 years of competing, none of her opponents stood a chance. Even as a 5 year old, everyone looked at her as a force to be reckoned with. In the last 3 state championships, she won the Bumble Cup which is the highest ranking trophy in inline speed skating.

Monica was thinking about state championships as she rollerbladed to school one day. The clock struck eight and Monica had exactly two minutes to get to her class. Sadly, Monica's class was at the end of the corridor so she had to get there as fast as possible. She jumped up the stairs and landed perfectly. She started skating faster and faster every step she took. Exactly when the clock rang she sat in her seat.

Monica met her best friend Eric in class. Eric congratulated Monica on the big win on the State Finals and on how she was going to Nationals.They talked about how she is one of the youngest of the age group.

Monica was proud of what she could do but she knew that she had to be faster if she was ever gonna win. The bell rang and Monica rollerbladed to Math. As she was rollerblading in the hall Silvia one of her opponents tripped her rollerblades and Monica fell. every one started to laugh. Eric helped Monica up and Monica skated away. Other than rollerblading Monica was a math protege.
Monica thought of math as easy as rollerblading. math ended and it was time for break. Monica was working on her speed in rollerblading. Break ended and she jumped over the steps to get to history.

Monica sat down in her seat. Monica hated Mr Colin the history teacher. He would always trick the students! Once he glued a student's seat and when she sat down, she could not get up. This time he hung a bucket of oil above Monica's desk and when she stood up, all the oil came down on her. Monica tried to go to the bathroom but she slid into the board and hit her head so hard that she fainted.

Monica went to the school nurse who told Monica to go home and get some rest. But all that Monica could think of was her big race on Saturday. When she got home she went and practiced on her speed, but she could not beat her personal best time of 30 Seconds. All of her opponents were around 20 or 10 seconds. Monica practiced and practiced but could not beat her record. She had still had a huge headache. She decided to go and sleep. When she woke up, she still had a headache but she decided not to tell her mother.

Once she had gotten to the race track she met Silvia. She glared at her and said, "Are you ready to be beat?" Monica decided not to let her get to her. It was soon race time and Monica became so nervous. The gun went off and Monica rollerbladed faster and faster but she was two opponents away from winning. She was not able to overtake them so she lost the race - coming in 3.

When it was time for the medal ceremony. Monica, Silvia and the second place winner whose name was Allison, stepped up on the podium to receive their medals. Silvia got the first Places prize, Allison got the second and sadly Monica came in third.

Once the Ceremony was over Monica changed Silvia for a race in 4 weeks time.

4 weeks past and Monica was ready to race. Monica was skating to school but all she can think of is how fast she is gonna have to skate to win but she was not gonna let that get to her head. Break came and it was race time. Silvia came out, five minute passed and they were ready to race. Eric said, "Ready set, go!" Monica started to worry if she was ever gonna win the race. So Monica started to skate faster and faster so fast that she lost Silvia. She had 3 meters until the finish line and Silvia was not in sight so Monica skated father and faster and then and there Monica won the big race.

The end