Untitled Part 1

Chapter 1
"No Jess I'm not going" I said grabbing my purse . "But you are" My friend Jessica said back. Jess had been my friend since middle school, she was like a big sister to me ( you know being a grade ahead and all ), and she was ALWAYS trying to set me up on a blind date.
"Si, he's different." Which is what she usually said when i said no.
"Different How ?" My usual response.
"You gonna see ! Just wait." her usual response.
I then realized that if I didn't hang up now I'd be late to class. I wasn't much of a multi-tasker.
"Fine. I'll go" I said with a sigh. "I'm only staying for an hour though"
"Yay! okay that's fine I'll text you the info, bye" she said hanging up.
Then I ran to class , Thank God I caught the door before it shut.
Oh Gosh, where are my manners? My name is Sienna
Henry and I'm a sophomore at Spelman. I'm here majoring in communications and hope to be a speech therapist. No, actually I'm lying. I don't hope, I will be a speech therapist. Anyways, I'm from Philly but I moved to Atlanta because I decided a long time ago that I was going somewhere. Now, my plan was in motion.
It was 2:00 and I just got out of class. As usual, class was long and dull. As I began walking back to my dorm my pocket was ringing. My best friend Tishara was calling me. Okay , It was Tuesday , the middle of the day , and she waited till I got out of class to call me. This meant something was wrong and she needed my full attention.
"Hellooooo?" I said.
"Hey girl" I heard back.
"Hey, what you doing?"
"Nothing, Tell me why Amir said to me....."
Pause. I knew it, I was about to hear another story about her boyfriend Amir. He was no good but she "loved" him so all I could do was listen to my best friend since kindergarten as she told me her weekly relationship problem.
Play.
"He said I need to stop worrying about him so much."
" Why he say that?" I said with a laugh.
"It's not funny ! And because he posted a picture of some girl on Twitter with the heart eyes. So, I had asked him about it and he told me she was his sister. Si , you know I've been to his house a million times."
Yeah she has..
"And I've never met his 'sister'. So I asked him about her like her name and stuff and he didn't answer me. So then I was like 'you not gonna answer me?' . That's when he was like 'Yo stop worrying about me so much'. I just hung up after that because I'm tired of him talking to me like that. I really think I want to be single."
How many times have I heard that one before? Amir says something rude and Tishara says she's going to leave him. But does she? Of course not . But that's just the way things are. Somebody you really love does you wrong so you promise yourself and everyone around you that you're done with them but in your heart the love is still there so you take the person back because you think that's the only option.
"You're gonna take him back Shira"I tried telling her.
"I promise you I'm not." she told me.
Yeah, I loved my bestfriend but she was stubborn as hell sometimes.
"Okay girl, I'll call you back" a lie we've all told. But, I had to go to work and this story seemed like it was about to have a part two.
I work at Forever 21 one of my favorite stores. Most of my check went towards my tuition. The rest helped pay for groceries for my roommate Xeena and I. Plus , I get and employee discount on all the new clothes. So if you were wondering,Yes I love my job.
My co-worker Najae & I we're both cashiers. She's a freshman at Clark Atlanta and we loved gossiping on the job. My job was already good for me , this just helped to pass the time.
Najae had just finished telling me about an A.B.C party she went to and how she was tired of walking in parties without a guy when I noticed a man walk into the store. It was unusual for men to come in the store. Especially, cute ones. He was brownskin, muscular, tall, with light brown eyes. I tried not to make it noticeable as I watched him shop. He walked around the store for what seemed like forever and he just kept getting cuter. The first time he picked something up I noticed he had a birthmark on his right cheek. The second time I noticed he had a tattoo of a spider web on his left elbow. Yes, very typical but it was so adorable. The third time and after this I was mesmerized. He had this smile , brighter than the moon and the stars. He was smiling at me, and I was so happy I can't even tell you if i was smiling back.
After his long journey around the store he was finally walking towards the registers. I was praying in my head he wouldn't get in Najae's line her line was longer anyway. I think we had the same thought because he got in my line. Shoot, I couldn't even fix my hair. I checked out the three people ahead of him as fast as I could. Then he put a skirt , a necklace , and a blouse that didn't match in front of me.
" How you doing?" he said.
His voice was deep.
"Good" I said in this high-pitched voice.
My first impression is always bad.
"Shopping for your girlfriend?" I asked taking the security tag off the skirt.
Oh Gosh, Why'd I say that! He's probably thinking 'Why is this girl so nosey'.
"No actually." He said with a grin " My little sister actually. Her birthday's on Friday."
I looked at the blouse , then looked at him.
"What it doesn't match ?"
Was he reading my mind or was I just easy to read?
" Not really." I said with a laugh. "If the skirt is blue she's not wearing an orange shirt."
He was laughing at me. "Well Miss," He searched for my name tag. "Miss Sienna, could you help me find a shirt?"
I scoffed. I temporarily closed my line to help him find his little sister a shirt. We ended up finding a white chiffon shirt to match the deep blue pencil skirt. He thanked me, I checked him out (for good this time), and he left. After I got back to my line Najae gave me the look. You know the look. The one your friend gives you after you come back from talking to a boy and you can't stop grinning. Usually when guys came into the store I ended up giving her the look. But this was different, he was different.
I got off work at about nine , you know when the mall closes. I had to take the bus back to my dorm and it was raining. That's the worst, when you have to take the bus in the rain and the bus has that weird smell. Gross. When I got home Xeena was still up, as usual. Even though she knows she has class in the morning she's up on the phone with her boyfriend, Azea. I went in the kitchen and there's a plate made for me. I love my roommate, we haven't been friends long but she always comes through for me. This plate was husky, class didn't start until twelve tomorrow, I was going to sleep good tonight.