So I don't get sued.

I do not own Disney's The Little Mermaid or any characters affiliated with the original story. All that I own is in fact some new characters I'll be adding but everything else is and forever will be owned by the Disney Corporation.

Dedicated to: PermanentWallflower, I_am_Peter_Pan, corri16, and Stalker69 thanks a ton for helping  me I owe you guys!

Adrian, an eighteen year old merman prince, is unhappy with life under the sea and curious about the human world on the surface. With his best fish friend Flora, Adrian collects human objects while exploring his underwater home. He goes to the surface of the ocean to visit Scuttle the seagull, who gives inaccurate knowledge of the human artifacts. Ignoring the warnings of his mother (Queen Thalia) and Seraphine the crab, that contact between merpeople and humans is forbidden, Adrian still wishes to be part of the human world.

Seraphine, who is told to watch over Adrian and be sure he does not revisit the surface , tries to convince him that life in the underwater kingdom is much better than in the human world.

One night, Adrian, Flora and a very reluctant Seraphine travel to the surface of the ocean to watch a celebration for the birthday of Prince Eric, with whom Adrian falls in love with. A violent storm suddenly hits the boat and everyone except Prince Eric escapes to a nearby lifeboat.

Eric risks drowning to rescue his dog Max, back in the dangerous boat. Adrian sees Prince Eric drowning and goes to his aid, dragging him to the safety of the beach. Although it seems that he is close to death, Adrian notices that Eric is still breathing. Adrian sings to him but soon dives back underwater when Max returns to Eric.

While waking, Eric has a vague memory of being saved by a gorgeous man with a beautiful voice. He promises to find the mystery man, and Adrian promises to find a way to join Eric in the human world.