Chapter One

Liana's P.O.V

"Make sure to close up properly." My boss reminded me for the fifth time as he walked out of the jewellery store.
"Ok" i replied. Come on, i mean it may be my first time closing up the store, but I'm not that irresponsible. I heard the door slam shut and i was completely alone in the huge jewellery store.
"Right, all i have to do is lock all the cabinets, pull down the windows and door bars and turn off all lights except one." I whispered to my self. I mostly needed to remember to keep one light on, so that it looks like someone is still on the store and no burglars will break in. Easy.
I reached into my blazer pocket, because this was the most expensive store in New York City, we have to dress in formal uniform. I moved my hand around my pocket but i couldn't feel anything. I reached into my other pocket but still no key. I slowly began to panic as i looked in my other pockets, where did i put it?
I searched in all the rooms, the staff room, the showroom, even in the mens bathroom. Oh shit. I bent down on my knees and crawled across the floors. The key was gold along with the floors so it would be hard to notice if i scanned through the floors standing up. I really started to worry now. Its nowhere to be found. I started shaking, this was not just any old key, this was the one and only key ever that was used to shut MM Jewellers down. There was no replica, just this one. I picked up my phone and hesitantly started rolling down my contacts to boss. Should I? I might get myself fired if i tell him that i lost the key, but then what else am i supposed to do? I then continued rolling down to Dove, my co worker who was also my best friend.
"Hey Li, whats up?" Said calm and bubbly.
"Umm, well I'm in kind of a bad situation right now..." I mumbled.
"Oh no, what happened?" She gasped. I automatically felt ashamed just thinking about what i just did.
"Well boss put me in charge of shutting the store except i can't because i-uh-i don't know where the key is but-"
"WHAT?! You lost the fucking key?!?! Do you know how important that key was?!" She yelled cutting me off.
"But, you can help me look for it right?" I continued hoping for a yes.
"Are you out of your mind? I'm in Spain, remember?" I froze. That one piece of hope i had disappeared. Now was the time to really panic. I started to breathe heavily, i could feel tears forming.
"Li don't worry, just think really hard to where you put it." She advised.
"I-i-i don't know..." I muttered and hung up, still on the floor. I messed up real bad. I dropped my head into my hands but just as i did that, i heard guns shoot and glass breaking . . .

                                 * * *

Authors Note:
I hope you guys liked that chapter, this is my first time writing a story so sorry for any mistakes,  please vote for more, bye! :) -  Lisaiia