Moments

Coming from a very small family, life was never dull or boring (with Fi in it). She never really cared what or when she said, as she always spoke her mind. What a strong presence she had. Her presence was instantly felt. Such sweet childhood memories I will always treasure for the rest of my life. With the valuable time I spent with 'Fi'.

Took me a decade to get to know my 'Fi' spontaneous, feisty, outgoing & straight forward. Would be easily mistaken to be abrupt.

Life was not about going to fancy restaurants or shopping because 'Fi' used to visit our house at weekends and would laugh, joke and cheer each and every person up. She was the life and soul of a party. I would be upstairs doing my homework on Sunday and I would hear the words echoing in the corridor, loudly she would shout "Are you all dead", quickly I would get off my computer and run rapidly down the stairs to greet my cheerful, charming 'Fi' . Such a simple thing like her presence was so exuberant that it would cheer everyone up. Such credible was her presence. Gone were the weeks worried and Dad relaxes as we all gather around our beloved vivacious, dynamic 'Fi'. Never seen Dad laughing so much and Mum so relaxed and bright as they were in the presence of my 'Fi'. Enchanting, encouraging, endurable and energetic are just some of the mere words. Cannot put it in words to describe you my one and only 'Fi'. But sadly as all good things come to an end, such was the life of my 'Fi'. What I'm going to tell you next might give you a vivid idea about the characteristics of my wonderful 'Fi'.

Health wise 'Fi' was not always well. She used to have very bad stomach pains. But due to this she was regularly unwell. Finally the doctors carried out a biopsy and declared, she was diagnosed with "CANCER"! I had just returned from school and saw Mums blood shot eyes, Mum sat me down and give me the dreaded news. I was uncontrollably devastated what happened to my larger-than-life 'Fi'. As we approached the hospital to see her my stomach was churning not knowing what to say and how to console my 'Fi'. There was a chilling silence, on my way. No one knew what to say and everyone was hurting.

On Friday morning the family were called into into the hospital, where the doctors finally confirmed that 'Fi' was on her last stages of life, and the cancer has spread to her liver. And 'Fi' chose to come home for her final stage of life. Even at this time, on seeing everyone in a doom and gloom would murmur her famous words "Are you all dead". The way 'Fi' lived her life and fought her cancer, she became my role model, in life. How she lived for the moment, not even a big illness would bring her down. She taught me to take pleasure in the simple things in life and make the most of each day. 'Fi' was my nickname for my Antie Firoza, my Fathers only sister. That beautiful smile never failed to illuminate the gloom days in her life. The gates of heaven welcomes a fighter. May god shower his mercy and blessing upon her. And give us the guidance to live each day to its full extent and never take life for granted amen !