The girl with the birthmark

I sat down on the subway and sighed. It's been a long day. First I had to teach my primary class, then I babysat Chloë and lastly I had dance practice for four hours. I pulled off my toe pads and slipped them in my bag. My stomach growled so I pulled out a granola bar and a iögo and ate them. I felt the subway lurch to a stop and was thrown out of my seat. I heard people screaming and running out the doors. I was trampled over. I saw flames quickly descending towards me and screamed. Only me and a little girl were on the subway now. I tried to stand up but found my foot trapped under a seat. I could tell it was twisted from the shot of pain when I moved it. The little girl was crying and looked scared to death. I yanked my foot out from under the seat, inhaling sharply in pain. I stood up quickly and ran to the little girl. I scooped her up and ran towards the door. I jumped out just as the subway blew up. I landed on the ground with the little girl on top of me. I sat up and soothed the little girl. She calmed down and buried her head in my chest. I hugged her and looked around for someone. I found no one there. They must have evacuated the station. I stood up carefully and walked across the platform and up the stairs. I got outside and found a huge group of people being checked over by paramedics. I felt my head become light as I fell to the ground. Paramedics rushed over to me and checked me over. They put a splint on my ankle and gave me an oxygen mask to use for a bit. I smelled an amazing smell and my head snapped up.

-------•------•-------•-------•-------•-

I looked up as my beta ran in.

"Explosion at the subway on 7th avenue, Missy's lost" he gasped.

I stood up and ran to my car. I drove as fast as I could to the station. I found tons of firetrucks, police cars and ambulances lined up outside. I ran past them and smelled an amazing scent. My wolf screamed 'mate!'. I ran towards it and saw a girl, about 19, covered in ashes with an oxygen mask on. She had hair the color of chocolate, icy blue eyes, and a birthmark that covered almost all of her right cheek. I stopped checking her out and noticed she had a little girl in her lap. Missy! I ran over and scooped her up. Missy hugged me tightly and cried on my shoulder. I tried to get her to calm down but she wouldn't. My mate held out her arms and I set missy in them. She whispered to Missy and missy stopped crying. I smiled at my mate as she handed me missy. She stood up and grabbed her bag. She pulled out a ballet shoe and groaned. She kept digging and finally pulled out some Adidas sandals. She slipped them on her bare feet and waved bye to me. She turned to leave and I grabbed her wrist, pulling her back into my chest. I handed Missy to my beta and he walked away.

I hugged my mate tightly and asked "what's your name?"

She reached in her bag and pulled out her phone. She typed something and handed it to me. I looked at it and it said 'sorry, my throat hurts when I talk, my name is Luna, what's yours my mate?' I looked up at her shocked. She smiled at me. You see, werewolves mates are almost always human plus I'm pretty sure Luna is human, so how does she know I'm her mate?

She laughed and said "I know all about you weres, I know a lot of rogues"

I growled and held her tighter "rogues? You're not to go near them again, they could be dangerous and my name is Alex" she sighed and pulled away "they're not dangerous, they have permission to stay on your land" "Liam and his group? You know them?" I asked, surprised.

She nodded and held her arms up to me, did I mention that's she's about 5'0" and I'm 6'5" I picked her up and she wrapped her legs around my waist. She rested her head on my shoulder and quickly fell asleep. I walked to my car and found my beta and missy in it. I set Luna beside missy in the back and climbed in front. I drove to the pack house and my beta got out and went inside. I picked Luna back up and held Missy's hand.

I led her inside and missy asked "momma?" And pointed to Luna.

I felt Luna stir and say "yes baby, I'm your new momma" missy squealed and ran inside, probably to tell everyone about her new momma.

I chuckled "you just made her day, her mothers in the pack so she'll have a fit, even though she doesn't take care of or like Missy" she sounds like my mom did" "did?" "She's dead" "oh, I'm sorry primcess".

shit! Trust my lisp to come in for the first time in years on a pet name.

"Primcess?" I nodded my head, embarrassed and waiting for her to laugh.

She tilted my head down and said "I think it's cute, no one's perfect."

She motioned to her cheek and I said "that's cute, it's unique" she shook her head "no it's not, it's weird. It takes up most of my face, and I can't cover it up since I have sensitive skin" she said.

"I like it" I told her. She grinned up at me and said "thank you".