Chapter. 1

Fluttershy was a shy and quiet pony. She was beautiful and kind, but she wasn't royal at all. Yet, she was invited to the royal ball, the Grand Galloping Gala. It was to help Prince Shining Armor pick a bride. Fluttershy wasn't interested in the prince, but her sister, Rainbow Dash, really wanted to go, because her idols would be there. The Wonderbolts.

Today, Fluttershy and her sister were going to a designer, to get their gowns done. Her name was Rarity, and she was more than happy to attend the ball, for the chance to meet a real prince. „Can you imagine dancing with a prince!?" She says dreamingly. „U-uhm... I g-guess..." Fluttershy said. "The prince? I came for the WONDERBOLTS!" Rainbow said, almost shouting at the end.

Rarity ignored the comment, and kept daydreaming. "Oh, dancing all night. In a beautiful gown. Maybe I'll lose a slipper on the way!" She commented.

Fluttershy nodded quetly. She wasn't really comfortable with going to a ball with lots of people. She was rather nervous. "B-but... Shouldn't you marry someone you love for who they are? And n-not because of title?" Rarity laughed a little. "Oh darling, the prince is obviously a nice guy!" She kept measuring the ponies. "Hmm.... What colors should your dresses be....?" She adjusted her red glasses. "Fluttershy, you should get a soft pastel green gown, with a hint of pink and blue! And Rainbow Dash..." "Something awesome!" Rainbow said, before she could finish. "Eh, right... Maybe white, with a few rainbow fabrics..." She mutteres.

The two ponies left after a few hours. Fluttershy sighed nervously. What if the prince would pick her? What would she do? She had no idea. Rainbow saw the sad look on Fluttershy.

"Cheer up Flutters!" She said, bumping her a bit. "I don't know if I want to go, Rainbow..." Rainbow raised an eyebrow. "Why not? I'm sure the prince would like you back." "It's not that... I don't want him to like me..."

Rainbow sighed. "Well, then don't talk to him." "But wouldn't that be rude?" Fluttershy asked, hanging her head. "Maybe."

This time, Fluttershy sighed.

When they arrived home, it was pretty late. Rainbow was ready to jump right into bed. "I'm just going to see if the swans are at the pond." Fluttershy said, while putting some bread crumplets in a box. "At this hour?" Rainbow asked, as she was yawning. Fluttershy nodded, and left.

It was really dark. The moon was shining at its fullest, so she could easily find the road to the pond. She saw a swan in the pond. It was a beautiful adult swan. "Here you go." She said throwing some bread crumplets in the pond. The swan ate it without hesitation. Fluttershy smiled kindly.

She wondered what it was like to be so graceful. How it was like to fly. How it was like to be a swan.