ONE

It was 2am, and Pearson Specter was quiet. Everybody had gone, everyone except Harvey, Donna and Mike.

"Donna come on. I don't like to admit this but you work even harder than I do! Go home, get some rest. I'll see you tomorrow, you deserve it" Harvey demanded in a friendly way.

"It's fine Harvey, I actually like doing things for you. And because I'm so kind I'll even finish going over these cases for you. Where would you even be without me?" Donna replied, with one of those smug looks on her faces that Harvey hated, because he could never argue with her.

"Alright you got me. But seriously, you work too hard. As soon as you've done it, go home. Call me so I know you got home safe" Harvey answered, jokingly but with a note of seriousness because he really did care for Donna. She wasn't only his secretary, but one of his closest friends.

"Harvey, really?" Donna said, raising her eyebrows.

"Yes Donna! New York can be a dangerous place at these hours, and I can't have my secretary missing a day of work because of some hooligan criminals. And since you won't let me stay at my own firm in my own office finishing my own work then I have to insist you listen to me"

"Okay okay if you insist! Just go, Mike's still here so I'll get him to help me if I really need it" Donna smiled, pausing for a second. Harvey smiled back and turned out of his office door.

"Oh, and Harvey?" Donna called out softly.

"Yeah?"

"Thank you. For everything"

Harvey gave a warm smile back. "No Donna. Thank you. It's like you said, I'd be nothing without you".

"Well not NOTHING, I mean you're Harvey Reginald Spec—"

"Donna, shut up" he replied jokingly, "I'm leaving now. Call me later" Harvey replied, and continued walking down the office hallway before disappearing off into the lift.

Donna continued working, sitting at Harvey's desk and going through the files, checking off every single piece of paper she came across. As her eyes scanned across this one document she currently had in her hand, her eyes stopped.

"Oh my god. That son of a bitch!" she thought to herself.

She picked up the phone and dialled Mike's extension.

"What's up Donna?"

"Hey, I know you're working on the merger paperwork but could you come up to Harvey's office for a minute? I need to show you something" Donna responded.

"Yeah of course. Gimme a minute to finish up, I'm almost done. Did Harvey leave already?"

"Reluctantly yes" Donna laughed, unsure of the nervousness in her voice. She put the phone down.

A few minutes later, Mike appeared.

"Hey Donna. So what did you want to show me?"

Donna hesitated, looking up at Mike. She frantically thought of something to say, but for some reason couldn't bring herself to do that.

"D-did you um, finish the paperwork?" She nervously asked, dodging the matter at hand.

"Yeah.... Donna, what's the matter? What is it?" Mike asked, concerned.

"I—See for yourself..." she almost whispered, gesturing for Mike to come and look at the file she had open.

Mike coolly walked over, and leant against Harvey's desk, picking up the file. He read, his eyes scanned the page and he simply couldn't believe what was in front of him.