The Whistle

^ Pic of Hazel^
Hi, my name is Hazel. I am 19 years old, and I love reading, music, and nature. I am very shy, quiet, and not really outgoing. I like to think that I'm just a normal 19 year old. I live by myself in Washington State, my parents live in California. I originally moved out here to be with my aunt, but I turned 19 and decided to live on my own. Everything was great. Before that day. The day I regret ever leaving my house. The day my life was ruined. This is my story.

I was driving to school when it happened. I had decided to leave the house two hours early to take a walk through the forest. When I got to my destination I got out of my Honda Civic, and took a look around. The trees were huge, and the leaves were green. The fallen logs on the forest floor were covered in moss. The light was shining through the trees, and the birds were chirping.

As I walked through the beautiful green forest, I started to get the feeling someone was watching me. I looked around and saw that there was no one around, so I shook it off and kept walking.

I walked until everything went silent. The birds were no longer chirping. The wind stopped blowing through the trees. I stopped walking to look around. Silence. That was all I heard. I started to get scared. Then I noticed I had wandered off the trail. I was lost. That was until I heard it. The whistle.