I only blinked

Chapter {1}
Excitement

The breeze through the window was amazing. I wasn't worried about everything like I'm used to. I was relieved and excited at the same time. I watched as the sun was beginning to show above the mountains. Today was the day. Today was the day I finally get to meet the city everyone's talked about. In only 12 hours I'd be relaxed in our hotel bedroom. The nerves in my body raised up.

My eyes searched the sky for any clouds. As my mind roamed through the sky, the text I've been waiting for finally arrived.
------------------------
Skyler: Hurry up. The city needs us <3 :p

You: Coming. So excited :D
---------------------------
"Hey Sky" I said nervously.
"Hey Best Friend... You ready?" She smirked and I gave her a nod with a smile. We were packed and ready.

The first few hours of the car ride were great and fun. It was just me, Skyler, and her dog. Skyler was only 2 years older than me (20) Skyler was beautiful. She was a tall and skinny blonde. She had a messy bun with a white skirt and cropped tank top. Meanwhile I had skinny jeans, hoodie and my hair in a high ponytail. I was comfortable and happy. The road was boring an dull after hours. Soon I was in a deep sleep.....

*Car wheel screeches*

"OH MY GOD!" Yelled Skyler. My eyes shatter open to see the car off the road and heading into a mountain. My eyes just watch in horror. I sit still.
For a second everything is silent and I can only hear my heart beat and my heavily breathing but soon im sucked back into reality with my head against the mirror. I closed my eyes for a second and hope it's all a dream but the pain still stays. The air bag is bushed against my stomach and im pretty sure there's a big bruise there. Skyler is face down on the wheel. Her dog didn't make it. I would cry but I have no strength. I was in pain. So much pain. I had a cut (1-2 inches) on my temple. My arm was bleeding non stop. My jeans were ripped badly. Other than that I was fine thanks to God. But Skyler wasn't waking up. "Skyler are you okay?" We can't stay in this car. Who knows? Maybe there's a gas leak and there will be an explosion. Well I'm not gonna sit here and find out. I struggle to open the door since we're side ways but I manage to squeeze out. We're on a big mountain  and no houses around. There's no cars passing by so were definitely screwed.

"Candace?" Skyler mumbles.
"Yes, Skyler its me... Thank god your Alive" hearing her voice makes me so happy. I'm glad I'm not alone. Skyler was cut badly. Both arms were bleeding, she had a cut on her eyelid and check including her neck. Her finger seemed broken as well since it was swollen like crazy. "Skyler we have to find shelter we can't stay here." She doesn't look up but I can tell she's in tears.

"Candace I'm so sorry *weep* I couldn't see the road. I just blinked" she repeated. "I just blinked" she cried. I hugged her tightly even though it hurt a lot. A few minutes passed after she calmed down. But we were still in need for medical attention and there was no houses. Only a barn with one light lit up. Wait! There's a Barn!!!

"Skyler look!" I pointed with joy. Old people are smart right? Maybe they can help.
I'm glad my legs were okay. Although I knew Skyler wasn't gonna be able to run. "Skyler, I'm gonna need you to stay here I'm going to go get some help.... Stay okay?" I tried to sound soothing but it was hard because I was scared. "Okay... Hurry up" she mumbled loud enough for me to hear.

I ran down that mountain. It was so warm I couldn't feel any wind. I was running so fast I don't think I was gonna be able to stop. Luckily the ground suface became flat again.

*knock knock knock*
"HELLO!!??" I yelled.
"Please anyone! Is anyone there??" I yelled again.
At first I was giving up hope but I heard muffles.

The door swung open and to my surprise it was a tall guy. That made the situation even better so maybe he can carry Skyler down here.

"Hi, umm I'm sorry to bother you this late. But my friend and I were in a car crash. I was wondering if you could please help us."
At first he seems so confused but then got the message after looking at me twice. He didn't need any directions the car was clearly visible up the hill. As for me I stayed at the very spot, only because I felt as if I couldn't move. I slowly take a moment to think of everything that has happened in the last moment.. No longer were we on an amazing trip to San Fransisco, we were stranded on a mountain God knows where with a guy. Actually make that 2.

"Hey are you okay?" A deep husky voice called out. That question had an obvious answer.

I just got in a car crash and most likely sprained my wrist and cut myself so many times and I'm in so much pain... But yeah I'm fine.

"Yeah I'm fine... And you are?" Being mean to a stranger that was gonna help us wasn't really a good idea.

"I'm Chase." I haven't even looked at his face but once I did I regretted it. His hair was a mess, he was wearing pajamas and he was barely awake yawning.

He looked down at me more than 5 times. My cheeks heated red. I felt so embarrassed to let them see me like this. I felt pathetic. So much for dancing in the city. "Here come inside." He offered. I couldn't be rude to someone helping us.... For free. I didn't have much choice either. So remember when I said my legs seemed fine? Yeah apparently not so fine because as soon as I got up I tumbled into Chase's arms. At first I couldn't move out of my his grip, only because my legs wouldn't react to my command. But Chase realized I was uncomfortable and he lead me to his couch. His house was pretty organized for 2 guys living here.

His house was blue and vanilla scented. There were so many cameras, everywhere.

"Don't mind the cameras..." He said nervously. Just as the silence was beginning to grow between me and Chase the door swung open with Skyler in Angels arms.

"She's not breathing!" He yelled while trying to wake Skyler up. I could only hear my long breaths for a moment.. Then I am flattered against the floor un-cautious....

*beep beep beep beep*

*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*
New book! Hope you guys like it. New chapter will be updated ASAP. Will be a while because I'm busy this weekend... Happy Birthday to me :p