Chapter 1

"FIRE!!" Someone screams. I see black smoke coming from a small house. Janea looks at me and we both walk over to the burning house. I see someone sprint out, someone familiar. It's Christin. I run to him. Gasping for air, he looks at me and says, "Joseph and Tiffany are still in there." My eyes widen. I look at the house which is collapsing fast due to the spreading fire. I stand up quickly and start to walk to the front door. Janea grabs my sleeve and asks. " WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" I look at her with determination and say, " I CANT WATCH THEM DIE! AND THE FIREMEN ARENT EVEN HERE YET!" Janea looks at me and start to grip my sleeve even harder. "ARE YOU CRAZY?!" She yells. I nod and I run towards the house. "Oh and Janea.. YOLO," I say as I enter the house. I can't see with all the smoke but I won't give up. I see a human like figure sitting on the ground. It's Joseph. He's coughing. I quickly nudge him to see if he was still  conscious. He looks at me thankfully. I lift him up  as I support myself for him to lean on. We make it outside. He gasps for air. I kiss him on the cheek and I go back in for Tiffany. The smoke is really getting to me and I start using my sleeve as a mask. I see Tiffany, under a table. I also nudge her and she looks at me with tears. I pull her out and we start to walk until some of the rubble from the burning house starts to fall. I push her out of the way and take the force. My foot becomes stuck in the rubble and I can't seem to get out, no matter how much force I use.