A Day Out

Ciel Phantomhive sat in his study, reading his French language book. Suddenly there was a knock on the door.

"Come in."

"My lord, a letter came from the Queen." Sebastian said as he came in. Ciel closed his book and held his hand out for the letter. Sebastian handed it to him and he read it.

"Apparently a serial killer has been targeting Noble children and robbing them on the streets." Ciel sighed and rubbed his temples. "The queen wants me to put a stop to them and to keep her subjects safe." His butler nodded, giving Ciel an odd look. Just as he was about to speak, the doors slammed open.

"CCCCCiiiiieeeeelllll!!~" A blonde girl burst in and hugged Ciel tightly, knocking them off the chair.

"E-Elizabeth, what are you doing here?" He asked once she let him go. He got up and put out a hand to help her up.

"I just wanted to spend some time with you! Can't I spend time with my own fiance?" Elizabeth pouted. Ciel sighed and helped her up.

"I have much work to get done," He paused and saw that Elizabeth's eyes started to fill with tears. "but I suppose I could do that tomorrow and spend some time with you now." He relented and watched his fiance's face light up.

"Thank you, Ciel!" She chimed and grabbed his arm, dragging him down the hall. "We are going shopping!"

****Later****

Ciel tapped his foot as he waited impatiently outside Elizabeth's favorite dress shop. Sebastian stood behind him with an amused smirk on his face.

"Sebastian. Why don't you make yourself useful and go get me information on those killings." Ciel said, annoyed.

"Yes, my lord." Sebastian bowed and left.

A few minutes later Ciel went inside to find Elizabeth fawning over three dresses with varying degrees of style, lace, and shades of red.

"Oooh Ciel! They are all so beautiful! Which dress should I buy?" Elizabeth exclaimed, holding up the dresses.

"Does it matter all that much? I am sure you would look fine in any of those dresses." He shrugged.

"Yes, it does matter! You are my fiance so you should help me with these matters." She looked at him pleadingly. Ciel looked over the dresses and picked up an elegant dress that was modestly cute, yet very simple; the color was closer to pink than it was to red.

"If I must chose, it would be this one." He said in a bored tone of voice. Elizabeth squealed, dropped the other two dresses, hugged Ciel, and spun them around. That earned some "aww"s from some of the onlookers.

Ciel soon got Elizabeth off of him and bought the dress for her. They walked around the streets after that. Elizabeth wandered around and commented on how cute things in the window were while Ciel just simply followed her whims pretending that he was having a terrible time.

Ciel soon noticed the sun starting to set and that they needed to head back to the carriage and go home soon. He was about to voice this when Elizabeth saw something go behind an apple cart.

"Look Ciel! A black cat!" She pointed and scared the poor thing. It jumped up and ran down a nearby alleyway. Before Ciel could stop her, Elizabeth ran after the cat. He had no choice but to run after her and get her before she could get hurt.

"Elizabeth! It's just a stupid cat, come back here!" He called when he lost sight of her. He soon slowed down and crept cautiously around; something didn't feel right. Then the black cat seemed to appear in front of him.

"Where is she?" Ciel demanded, glaring down at the creature. It sat there a moment when a muffled scream was heard from up ahead.

"Elizabeth!" Ciel exclaimed and raced in the direction of the scream. He rounded a corner and stopped dead in his tracks. There was a man standing there with a knife up to Elizabeth's neck and an arm around her arms to keep her from squirming too much. He was about six feet tall and looked to be round his forties. He had black shaggy hair and some stubble on his face.

"I wouldn't take another step closer if I was you." The man said. Elizabeth whimpered, a tear slipped down her cheek.

"Let her go." Ciel growled, balling his fists.

"No, I will not." The man said. "What will a little boy like you do about it?" The creep asked with a sneer.

Ciel swiftly pulled out his gun from it's hidden place and fired, hitting the man on the arm that was holding the knife. He dropped Elizabeth in surprised and clutched his arm in pain. She stumbled and ran behind Ciel, who stood in front of her protectively.

"You do not touch my fiance. Ever." He growled out. The man glared at Ciel and pulled out a gun as well.

"You little brat. I was going to spare you, but I must now kill you both!" The man cried out and lifted the gun. Before he could pull the trigger, a dark voice from behind stopped him.

"I don't think you would want to do that right now, Mr. Jacob Robinson." Sebastian said whilst appearing behind the man.

"It's about time you showed up, Sebastian." Ciel said, still shielding Elizabeth protectively.

"Pardon me, my lord. I was just doing as you asked me to do. In fact, this man here is the person that has been causing all of the trouble in town as well." Sebastian said with a slight bow of his head. Then he appeared right behind Mr. Robinson.

"I will take that now." He said and took the gun from his hand. The man jumped back and stared wide-eyed at the butler.

"Who are you people?" He exclaimed. Ciel put his gun away and walked right up to Jacob and smacked him in the face.

"I am Ciel Phantomhive, the Queen's guard dog. If you touch Elizabeth ever again, I will personally hunt you down and kill you myself." He growled, then turned to his butler. "Sebastian, take Mr. Robinson here and drop him off to Scotland yard immediately." He ordered.

"Yes, my lord." Sebastian bowed, then took the criminal and was gone.

Ciel turned to see Elizabeth sitting on the ground, staring at him with red-rimmed eyes and slightly shaking. He slowly walked up to her and held out his hand for her to take.

"Shall we go home now?" He asked softly. She nodded and grabbed his hand, getting shakily to her feet. He linked his arm with hers and lead the way back to the direction of the carriage. They walked back in silence, Elizabeth clinging to Ciel's arm as if he would disappear if she let go.

When they got to the carriage, Sebastian was already there waiting for them. He helped them up into the carriage quietly and then started to drive them all back to the Phantomhive manor.

"You have been rather quiet. That man didn't hurt you, did he?" Ciel asked after a while.

"N-No, he didn't." Elizabeth whispered and looked down at her hands. He looked at her for a moment, then moved to sit beside her.

"Don't lie to me." He said softly and put a hand on her shoulder. She broke into tears and hugged Ciel tightly, sobbing into his shoulder. He held her close, not really sure of what he should be doing, so he just did what came naturally.

"Th-Thank you, Ciel. Thank you..." Elizabeth murmured after a while, having now calmed down. He glanced down at her.

"My pleasure. I will not let any one hurt you." He murmured back. She snuggled into him and slowly started falling asleep.

"I-I love you..." She murmured before heading into a deep sleep. Ciel looked in surprise at her sleeping form. His eyes softened; She looked as cute as the things she loved. He planted a kiss on her forehead, then looked out the carriage window.

"I love you too. My dear Elizabeth. I love you too."