Chapter 1

*Angelica's POV*

I walked down the empty alley, my black duffle bag slung over my shoulder. Paint covered my black ripped skinny jeans and black boots. I tucked my hair behind my ear and wiped my hands on my white tank top.

I stepped over a heap of spilled garbage and stopped in front of a large brick wall. I dropped my bag down and un-zipped it. I grabbed a red can of spray paint and shook it, beginning another one of my pieces.

I worked at that wall for hours, covering it in images that represented myself. I added the last splash of color and dropped the spray can back into the bag. I zipped it up and pulled it over my shoulder, heading back down the alley.

I turned out of the dirty alley way and began walking down the side walks. I walked up to my usual lunch stop, Tim's hotdog stand.

Tim looked up at me and smiled, his wrinkled face was tired but always held a smile.
"Angelica, the usual?" He asked and I nodded.

As he prepared the hot dog I saw the only person I wanted to avoid skate boarding down the sidewalk. His black hair was covered by a white beanie and he was wearing a white muscle top covered in cartoon drawings. His black jeans were covered in dust and dirt and his tattoo covered arms were sparkling with beads of sweat.

I quickly turned back to Tim and avoided looking at the one man I couldn't stand.
"Angie, been a while." Zayn's voice rang out from behind me. I stared dead ahead. "I saw your piece in the alley, taking over my turf now?" His accent was burned in my brain, my hatred growing each minute.
"You hadn't put anything on it, I assumed you skipped it." I hissed, turning to him.

He smirked, his coffee eyes were like daggers.
"Pity if someone of the law found out that all these 'art pieces' have been yours." He threatened. "The famous 'Alley Angel' is revealed to the city."

I rolled my eyes, taking the hotdog from Tim and paying him. I turned back to Zayn and he grabbed the hit dog casually.
"He-" He cut me off.
"Thanks for the lunch, Stay out of my turf." He took a bite of my hot dog and rode off on his board.

I growled and Tim handed me a second.
"No charge Angelica." He smiled.
"Thank you." I sighed, walking away and slowly eating the hot dog.

I walked through the busy city, stopping in central park and sitting on a park bench. I watched as people walked by, almost all of them were on phones or some kind of electronic device.

In the twenty one years of my life, I had never had a phone, or any gaming systems, I grew up on the streets, living out of dumpsters and my mother's abusive boyfriends apartments.

I stood up and began walking home. I slowly left the richer part of town and entered the 'ghetto' as most would say. I approached my apartment building when I saw him again, riding through the street towards me.
"Shit..." I cursed.
"What a coincidence seeing you again." He kicked his board up into his hands.
"At my apartment complex, yeah, coincidence." I hissed.
"So hostile." Zayn shook his head.
"Maybe it's because you're an asshole." I growled.
"I believe it's called 'graffiti vandal' or as you would put it 'artist'." He smirked.
"Because that's what I am, I'm an artist, you're just some douche who likes to vandalize things with pictures you've spray painted." I snapped.
"I do the exact same thing you do." He laughed. "Just, I've got a different view, my art is a giant middle finger to society, yours is how you live your little fantasy of being the next Van Gough. Alas, little girls can dream." He said, leaning against the wall of the large brick building I called home.

My rage was burning inside me, I wanted to punch him so hard I'm his stupid smug face.
"Zayn, screw off and leave me alone." I hissed, storming into the building and up the dusty stairs.