The Shadow

The Shadow

It was the year 2026 and in Texas, U.S.A it was a hot spring day and Jerome, a 13 year old “nerd” wearing a green t shirt, black sweats and glasses was walking home from school and was thinking about the rumor around school that there is this “Shadow” two streets from his school and wanted to know if it was true. He was so  so caught up in thinking about before he realized he was half a block away from going on the street the other kids were yelling at him to go down the street and enter the house where the “Shadow” supposedly was.  He was so pressured but he still didn’t do it. 

He got home and nobody was there except his golden retriever 

Chicken Nugget. Jerome went to sleep because he was scared from the rumors of the “Shadow”. 

He woke up the next morning and did his morning routine wake up, eat breakfast finish his extra credit work, brushed his teeth, got dressed, watched science daily and headed off for school. He had seen nobody walking to school and he was confused “why was no one walking to school” he walks pass the street of the rumored “Shadow” and he seen most of the school kids crowded around the house yelling and screaming at each other. So Jerome goes running down the street to see what was going on at the house. Every single kid claiming that the only teacher that walks Mr.  Diddy has been caught by the “Shadow”. Jerome refuses to believe it. The bully Mat tells Jerome “if you don’t believe it go in there yourself”. So Jerome goes in to the house.

The kids think they pull a prank by making Jerome believe that the “Shadow” took a teacher they got a special door and put it on the house so they could only unlock it from the outside. It was pitch black in the house you couldn’t see anything and all of a sudden a clown jumps out of the room and starts dancing and all the dogs start barking. That’s when a door opened and footsteps could be heard, then a gunshot and then he woke up. Worst dream Jerome ever had and till this day he took the long way to school never even came close to the house.