1.

Ashley Nicole ; 389 words

I just picked up my little bundle of joy from Wellington Daycare for the fifth time this week due to me being off for two days and no other babysitter for Aria.

My family isn't much of an option for babysitting, because of distance to get there everyday; which would take a total of eight hours there and back for drop-off plus pick-up, which I am unable to do five days a week.

Wellington isn't bad, it's more of a (family oriented) mother drop-off, father pick-up form explaining why they frequently suggest that families participate in the child's learning environment. Which cannot take place with no father around.

Aria's father, Samuel Howard Wilkinson immediately lost contact with me after the DNA test that he argued for hours to take place. He found out it was his kid from the results; although I told him repeatedly that it's his and that I knew who I had recent sexual intercourse with, but he still left.

Now here I am driving down to the river boardwalk area with my little one who I promised to take here every week after daycare dismisses.

We finally made it to our destination opening my door, along with the back to unhook her from her car seat to have her jump smoothly out of the vehicle.

"Mama can we get ice cream" she questioned jumping up and down while holding my hand and pointing with her other hand

She smiled widely as we walked over to the ice cream cart purchasing her and myself vanilla with sprinkles on cones while continuing to walk along the river boardwalk area.

"Is that him"

"Who baby?"

"That man in the blue, is that my daddy" she questioned innocently

I looked up to the man she pointed to looking back down

"No Aria" I said thinking back to the time I showed her a photo of her Dad in the mid-dark covering some of his face with his hand while wearing a blue ish type shirt, must be why she questions often about him. I wish he comes back soon she really needs her father in her life.

*New story for the new year! Super excited for this, all ideas from myself (: Enjoy! 1-2-16
•Vote, Comment, & Follow

1 vote + 💜