24 Hour Revelations

Allie's Pov:

It is only a matter of time before it comes out. I can't hide this forever, hell I can't even keep this to myself to the end of the week. I need to hide, escape from this town while I still have the chance. But I can't do it alone, I need an alibi, someone who knows how to disappear. And I know just the guy.

Nick Marshall, the towns bad boy and my best friend. He is your typical mysterious rebel, with mystifying emerald eyes and an expert at secrets. Kids expect his best friend to know everyone of them, but to everyone's dismay I know as much about them as anyone else. Yet, here I am, phone in hand, ready to ask him to hide one more thing. Me.

I stare at my phone as it rings for what seems like forever. What happens if he doesn't pick up? What if he decides to play 20 questions? Do I lie? I can trust him right? I mean I've known him since we were children, he's like a brother to me.

"Hey, princess, what's up?"

Oh god, am I really doing this? Am I really about to run from my problems? 

"I need your help. Now. I need you to hide me. I'm not asking you to come with me, no, that'd only get you into trouble, but if you can just give me an idea of how to get to the middle of nowhere. Please"

"Meet me at Lana's Cafe in five." That is the last thing I hear before the line goes dead and I am left to drown in my own thoughts. 

Right, okay, I have five minutes to pack...what do I pack? Obviously clothes, but how much? I really didn't think this through enough. Alright, start simple, toothpaste and all those bathroom essentials? Check. Things to keep me occupied, such as books and my phone; check. Money and clothes for both hot and cold weather? Check. 

Five minutes later, when I'm packed and ready to go, I sit in a booth at Lana's Cafe, waiting for my only savior. 

"Let's get one thing straight, princess, I'm coming with you to wherever the hell it is you wanna go."

His gruff voice startles me and as I begin to protest he cuts me off, leaving no room for argument; he's going and that's that. "So am I allowed to know what's got you up and running?" 

"No," I say a little too quickly. I clear my throat and try again, "I mean, I'd just rather not drag you into my mess"

"Well then, where is it you want to go?"

"Anywhere, Nowhere, I don't know. All I know is I need to leave, now."

"Alright then what are we waiting for? Let's get going"

I'm surprised it's so easy for me to leave, but I never felt at home here. Having horrible parents with unrealistic expectations of you will do that. Everyone expected me to be perfect. But not Nick, he saw me for what I was: human.

~*~*~*~*~*~

As I sit in the car, now pretty far from home, I glance at Nick and notice that he's got his thinking face on. His eyebrows are scrunched up, almost meeting halfway; he has his bottom lip between his pearly whites, gently gnawing on it. A whole different world storming around behind his grassy green eyes. But what's going on in that head of his?

His eyes turn away from  the road for just a millisecond as he looks towards me, before going back to where they started. 

"I can't believe we're finally going on a road trip! Remember when we were kids and we always talked about exploring the world together? Well, here we are! Driving to nowhere, just us, like we always dreamed! This is going to be awesome, isn't it princess?"

"No! It's not going to be awesome, Nick. This isn't some vacation! This is a life or death situation for me, don't you understand that? I'm not leaving my home behind for the fun of it, I am not here, in this car, to have fun. This whole situation is not fun!" I don't know why I snap at him, of course he doesn't understand how serious this is. He is helping me even though he has no idea what I've done, yet here I am, yelling at him. I am such a horrid human being.