Only one twitch of her nose...

I was walking through the front door of my school with my best friend Jacqueline, when Tanya, the most selfish and self-centered

girl at

school, came walking straight in our direction with her two best friends

right behind her, one on her right and the other on her left

“What are you doing here?” Tanya said, while her two minions (as Jacqueline and I like to call them) whispered in her ear. I could see Jacqueline getting redder and redder every time one of Tanya's friends

whispered an insult (we didn't know for sure that it was an insult but they were bound to make fun of us). I knew she was going to do or say something, but I didn't know what.

Suddenly, Jacqueline did the strangest thing: she twitched her nose three times and I

felt  the weirdest sensation; as if I were in the middle of a thunderstorm. Without any notice, a

lighting bolt fell from the sky right next to Tanya.

“What the hell?” She screeched, backing away. “Are you insane? How-?  Wha-?  Freak!  Abnormalities!” Aha.  There it was.  Tanya was backing away, her minions right behind her.

She then ran away with the two girls behind her. I couldn't believe it! How had

Jacqueline done that?

“How did you do that?”  I said in a tight voice, staring right ahead at the black spot where the lightning hit the ground.

“I don't know.  Its really freaky and I'm starting to get a little scared, but when I get really angry my nose twitches three times and that second something... weird happens to the person that is angering me. It has happened a lot lately , and it is really starting to freak me out...”

Awkward silence.

“Well, I don't know what it is... Maybe you have freakishly good luck or... I don't know," I said, frustrated.  I didn't normally get the answer wrong.  "But please just try and control it.”

More awkward silence.

“Would you like to come to my place tonight?” She said, looking down. I knew she was embarrassed of her new “power,” shall I call it?  Thus I tried to sound cheerful and positive, as if none of this had happened. I knew it had been difficult for her to admit this to me; she must have thought I would freak out or something... Sadly, I had.

“Of course!” I said a little too enthusiastically.

 Jacqueline handed me her phone (I still didn't have one of my own) and called my parents and asked them if I could stay the night. Given that they agreed, we went straight to Jacquie's house.

“I called my mom", she said.  "She's making popcorn! That means she must be in a really good mood.  Perhaps she'll even let us stay up all night watching scary movies!” She said quite happily. Silently I wished I wouldn't start crying in the middle of the movie like last time!

When we got to her house, Mrs.Tomson, her mom, was cooking dinner and in a bowl

beside her was the popcorn.

She was a short, middle aged woman with red hair and

green eyes. Mrs.Tomson was very nice, she had already put the sleeping bags in the living room and she had rented five scary movies. We chose “The man with the

bag.” After we had tea we went for a walk and talked about what had happened with

Tanya.

“She's just so annoying!” Jacquie said angrily, colour coming up to her face.