Luke and Camp

Your P.O.V

Luke, Luke's girlfriend, and I joined summer camp this year. Most of the time it's just me and Luke, but his girlfriend doesn't want any 'funny' business happening so she joined this year.

Luke and I have been coming to camp since we were 10. It's just kinda of been our little tradition. But this year is different because Luke's girlfriend, Lauren, came along with him. Which I hate because Luke and I can't do anything on our own like we use to. Like go swimming, hiking, archery, or even lunch. I really miss those things, but I guess if Luke's happy I'm happy.

Luke's P.O.V

I really regret letting Lauren come. I mean I love her and all but I can't do anything with (Y/N) anymore. We can't even talk without her there. I mean there is nothing to hide or anything, it's just that sometimes a conversation is only made for 2.

Lauren is a very clingy and jealous girl. I honestly don't know why I'm with here. She's everything I don't like. She rude, clingy, and very uptight. She's top student. She's really out of my league. But hey you know, it is what it is.

No P.O.V

Luke and (Y/N) had ditched Lauren in the middle of the night to explore the woods like they used to do. Lauren was asleep so it's not she would find out.

(Y/N) asked ,"Where are we going?" While walking through pine trees. "We're going on an adventure.", Luke says smirking. "You're an idiot. We're going to our hide out.", (Y/N) says rolling her eyes. "Ok yea so what? Doesn't mean it's not an adventure.", Luke glares. (Y/N) rolls her eyes while walking behind Luke.

Their hide was just 3 trees that formed a triangle. The pines on the tree made a little roof which made it a little hide out for them.

(Y/N) had brought a blanket and Luke had gotten the food from Gaby, the guidance counselor. Gaby had known Natalie and Luke since they started going to camp.

Luke and (Y/N) laughed and remembered all their memories together. They ate and laid on the blanket while laughing.

Your P.O.V

I cherished this moment for I knew this would be the last time we could do this. Luke and I were both 17. The age limit in the camp is 17. Because when you turn 18, you're considered an adult. My eyes watered at the thought of this. I tried to hide this from Luke but my snotty nose ruined my stealth.

Luke looked at me and asked ,"What happened?" I look up and say "Nothing it's stupid." He breathes in slowly "Just tell me, I don't care if it's stupid." I look into his eyes and feel the sharp pain of sadness in the pit of my chest. "Um, we won't be able to come next year to camp. We're going to be 18. And we won't see each other anymore. And I'm going to miss you so much." I say with teary eyes. I look at Luke's watery blue orbs. "Hey,-" he says rubbing his eyes "-We'll still be friends! We can meet up sometimes. Maybe even become counselors here." He says cheering up.

I smile. He's right. We could volunteer here every summer. "Okay, but you have to promise.", I say putting out my pinky. He laughs and says ,"You're so childish." Putting out his pinky, we wrap our pinkies and promise.

_____________________________

To be continued