Outsider

Chappie 1

When every girl was little they dream of being a princess, wearing puffy dresses to balls, living in a palace, meeting their prince.

Yeah, well, not me.

I didn't like playing dress up or playing barbies, I liked to ruff house. I would hang out with guys and make mud pies. So when boys started liking girls and girls started liking boys I found myself in a really awkward position. I didn't mind hanging out with girls, heck some of them are my best friends! I just didn't like it when they talked about makeup, shopping, crushes, or the latest news of their favourite boy band, they would always scream over them, I honestly don't know how having cool accents is a big deal? And I couldn't stand it when the guys would talk about girls, I would try to change the subject but then they would start comparing me to the other girls making me self conscious and insecure.

Then I got into high school and everyone started to date. Everyone would be out together while I was left alone, single and lonely. It's not that I didn't want a boyfriend; it was just that nobody wanted me as girlfriend. I was just everyone's friend and any relationship more that that would be, and I quote, "awkward".

Now I'm and university student, who is still single and has never known what it's like to say "sorry, I'm taken." Yup that's right boys I'm a first timer. ;) I always believed that everything happens for a reason. When stars alien something magical happens, but I never thought that one person, one action, could juristically change your life. I was never known for having good timing, but this time I actually thought I got it right, I was wrong.

We met in a Starbucks, in central London on a rainy April day, typical English weather.

"Kat, could you please work my shift,"

"What?! Soph I covered your shift last week, I need to get back and study, I have a test tomorrow." Soph was my bestie, we've been friends since we were little. Although she liked the girly stuff she also liked to hang out with guys and do, well, boyish stuff. She knew I didn't like the girly stuff so she never talked about that around me, and whenever I was in an awkward spot or alone, she would always come hang out with me.

"Please Katie, Stewart told me he planned this big, special surprise tonight but I just forgot about it until now! Please Katie, please?" She said with her best puppy dog face that didn't work on me but worked on boys like a charm. Unlike me Sophie was pretty; she had wavy light brown hair with brown eyes. She got along with boys, was smart, athletic and everyone wanted to be her friend.

"Alright, fine just because I know what Stewart's planed for you." I told her while stuffing my phone in my bag and giving her a cheeky smile. "Thank you sooo much, I owe you one," she squealed and gave me a hug. "Ok I'll remind you about that, now get out of here." I told her while I walked but to the cash register. It was fairly empty so I decided just to fill up the till. I was just about done when I heard someone cough in front of me. I was too determined to finish so I didn't look up I just said, "What can I get for you?"

"Just an expresso please."

"Name?"

"Niall Horan."

That was when my head snapped up.

AN-

Hey guys Im katie and this is Sophie

You can call us kat and soph lol.

Anyways you can picture Katie as Ashley benson and Sophie as Emma Watson :)

Have a good day :)