Alone, Forever And Always

"Hey, sweetie" My mom comforted me, she still doesn't understand how shit I feel. Its been a year, but it feels like only yesterday my mom sat me down and explained how Winter was murdered.

"Hey, mom" I replied, my voice sounded empty, as usual. "Do you ever think they'll find the killer?" I asked, sipping some hot coco.

"I don't know honey.. I don't know" She answered, "Go get ready Val, you wouldn't want to be late for Winter would you" She laughed, I smiled, trying to hold back all the emotion I still haven't let go of from Winter.

You never really think it'll happen to someone you're close too, or someone you love. And then it does, and you can't do anything to just stop reality and pull them out of that situation. Sometimes, I think her murder could be some how my fault, some how, I got her killed. I didn't go to the graduation after party, If I could go back in time I would've been more than happy to go.

AUGUST 15TH, 2015 - GRADUATION NIGHT

I am in fact a little bit drunk at my own graduation, Winter on the other hand was saving herself for the after party, which I am not going to. "Oh come on Val! You'll love it, Jackson's going to be there" Winter winks, pulling that 'I know you like him' face and wiggling her eyebrows up and down like a mad man.

"I've already said I'm not going, Jackson doesn't even know I exist" I said, looking down at the floor trying to feel sorry for myself

She winked some more "He'll definitely notice you when I put you in one of my dresses, don't worry, it won't be slutty" Winter laughed, her laugh is hilarious, it's the kind of laugh that makes you laugh.

"I'm not going Winter! I've drank enough alcohol to make an alcoholic want to stop drinking, I'm going home. Text me about how awesome the party was later" Before she could demand me to go to the party with her, I walked to my car, which was a step a away from where I was originally standing, and drove home.

AUGUST 15TH 2016 - ANNIVERSARY OF WINTER'S DEATH

Winter didn't really socialize with anyone other than me and her parents, however, when you find out a teenage girl in your neighborhood has been murdered you want to pay your respects even if you only ever said good morning to her or asked her what date it was.

Why am I bothering making an effort to wear makeup, Winter always said she admired my natural beauty. Plus, I'm going to be crying it off anyway. I guess I didn't want to look like shit in front of Jackson, assuming he's going to attend to this wake, well not really a wake but not really a celebration either, let's just keep it as anniversary for now.

I arrived at the local church, the only church that ColdGrove has, we weren't really a religious town as such, but on Sundays everyone in the town went there. Not necessarily to pray, but to just talk to one another.

The sun was shining through the stained glass windows at the back of the church, forming many colors down the middle of the pews. It looked beautiful. "Hey Val!" Ms. Greene greeted me, lightly hugging me. She was quite old and was one of the first people to live in ColdGrove, I guess you could call her the wise old lady. The only downside to her was that she owned a lot of cats, and me being such an animal person, of course I was allergic to cat fur.

"Hey sweetheart, I'm glad you made it" Belle, Winter's mom called, hearing her voice made me instantly let go of the wise old lady, and turn around to see her. She was wearing a black AX Paris skater dress, the one my mom and I brought her for her birthday last year, who knew then that she'd be wearing it for the anniversary of her daughters death.