The Last Days- A Louis Fanfiction

Chapter One

Claire's P.O.V.

I hung up the phone, awestruck. How? Why? I had not expected this at all. I didn't know what to feel anymore, what to think. As the initial shock began to wear off, a thought crept into my mind. Louis. How was I going to tell him? In two weeks he would be home for a three weeklong vacation from his tour. I couldn't bring myself to break the news. It would ruin his vacation... ruin him.

Two Weeks Later

Louis' P.O.V.

I stood excitedly outside the door to Claire's flat. It'd been two long, hard months since I'd left to go on tour. I reached out my hand and knocked on the dark wooden door. A few moments later, it opened.

"Claire Bear!" I shouted, and she jumped into my arms. I lifted her up and spun her around, kissing her passionately. I must have been the happiest man in the world. I had my Claire Bear back.

I looked intensely into her deep brown eyes, and for a split second I saw something other than happiness in her expression --- pain. Maybe even fear, perhaps. My mood changed instantly.

"Is there something wrong?" I asked, putting my hand on her shoulder, which tensed up. Something was definitely wrong.

"No..." she spoke hesitantly, her eyes refusing to meet mine. "Well... yes. I wasn't planning on telling you. I didn't want to ruin your vacation," she said in a rush, her eyes filling with tears.

After a few silent moments, she spoke again. "I... have cancer."