Chapter Один (One)

~Theodore ABOVE~

(Theo's P.O.V)

I walk into the café that I have worked at for ten years but that was the easy part. I have Social Anxiety Disorder so I'm afraid of everyone in the world I feel that they're judging and talking about me. I haven't been able to have a normal conversation with anyone other than my closest family and friends. I have always had a lot of trouble with strangers so I've lived with this my whole life. As soon as I stepped into the café I heard my boss, Matthew, yell out, "Theodore get over here and man the cash register."

"But my office and the paychecks." I said in a small soft voice.

"I already did the paychecks and I need you to man the cash register because Al isn't here today." Matthew said.

"Fine, meanie." I said with a pout as I turned to the cash register.

I sat down behind the cash register after getting myself breakfast. I had just started eating when the breakfast rush started so I had to put down my breakfast and serve the people sitting at the bar. I stumbled on my words almost every other word and I also didn't get to finish my breakfast because every time I went to eat a new person came in and sat at the bar. Finally after three hours of non-stop serving and moving I got to sit down and relax for a little bit. I spent the next two hours serving the couple of people who walked in and reading a book called Sleeping with Fear. I did this for the rest of the day except I switched books because I finished Sleeping with Fear in a hour. At about five or six, in the evening, I say, quietly, bye to everyone and go on my way home.

(Kyle's P.O.V)

I walk into my company building thinking that this day was going to be boring. As I stepped off of my elevator I get bombarded by my assistant saying, "You have a meeting in ten minutes, you have to call the building site manager after that, and your brother called and wants you to meet him for dinner tonight."

"Fine I'll call my brother back and I'll call the building manager after the meeting just come get me when it's time for the meeting." I said with and emotionless, almost cold, voice as I walked into my office.

I sat at my desk and picked up my phone to call my brother, Isaac, to see why he wanted to meet for dinner. He answered his phone by saying, "Sullivan."

"Mr. Sullivan this is a multibillionaire gay man calling to see why you wanted to meet for dinner." I said in the most professional voice I could muster.

"I'm sorry but I am eating a multimillionaire gay man right now so he can't come to the phone. If you want to leave a message I'll let him know you called." He answered in the same way towards me.

"No, really why do you want to meet me for dinner?" I asked after I finished laughing.

"I need to talk to you about somethings so if you could meet me that would be great, but if you have a meeting or something else like that we can meet another time." He answered with a slight sigh.

"Yeah we can meet tonight but what do you want to talk about?"

"Just somethings we'll talk about it tonight ok?" He said just as my assistant knocked on the door to let me know that I had to go to the meeting.

"Okay I'll see you tonight, but I need to go to a meeting now." I said then hung up on him.

All through the two hour meeting I either thought about what my brother might want to talk to me about, doodled on a paper, or played temple run on my phone. I knew everything that the people were talking about so I was bored and worried about my brother. At the end of the meeting I say, "At the next meeting bring stuff that isn't in a report that I'll read, okay?" They all nod and we disperse until next time.

After the meeting I called the building manager to talk about the project of rebuilding a school in Tahiti and was told it was going perfect. After that I spent the rest of the day looking at reports and reading emails.

When it finally came to my quitting time I walked over to my assistants office and know on the door. When she opened the door I said, "Go home have a good night. I'm leaving now so make sure you go home in at most an hour." Then I walked back to my office and grabbed my coat and went to my elevator.

Once out of my office I drive to the restaurant that my brother and I always meet at when we do meet. I get in the restaurant and see that my brother and some guy are at our normal table. As I approach the table my brother and the guy quit talking and Isaac stands up to hug me. When the guy stands up and holds out a hand for me to shake I ignore the hand and say, "Who are you and why are you here?"

Before the man could answer Isaac says, "Ha, I told those would be his first questions when he saw you. You owe me twenty bucks."

The man says, "Okay Isaac I'll give it to you later. Mr. Sullivan my name is Rafael. I wanted to meet and get to know you. I was told by your brother that before he official said yes to my question of him becoming my boyfriend I had to meet you and make it through whatever test you wanted."

Isaac just smiled and nodded his head. I looked at my brother and then Rafael. "Well okay so what is your full name? How old are you? What do want with my brother?" I asked in dead serious tone as I sat down in the booth.

"My full name is Rafael Xavier Matthew. I am 24 years old and as I said I want your brother to say yes to being my boyfriend." Rafael said as he held out Isaac's chair then pushed it back in.

"Do you really want him as a boyfriend or do you just want to fuck him then dump him?" I asked and Isaac said my name because of how crude I was.

"No I want him to be my boyfriend," Rafael said in an almost convincing tone.

"So if I were to make it impossible for you to ever have sex with my brother would you still want to have him as a boyfriend?" I asked just as crudely as last time.

"Yeah I would still want him to be my boyfriend it doesn't matter if we could have sex or not I would still feel the same." He said in a honest tone.

"Isaac go to the kitchen and talk with Michael I want to talk with Rafael alone." I said now looking at Isaac.

"But... Fine just don't mess up his face and don't kill either," Isaac said with a pout but still got up and went towards the kitchen.

"Tell me the absolute truth. Do you love my brother?" I asked Rafael while looking him the eye.

"Yes I do love him and I hope he feels the same about me now or later. I would do anything in my power to make him happy even if it means leaving him." Rafael said without diverting his eye from mine.

"Good we'll you pass all my tests now we'll just have to see how you really do when you go out with Isaac. I'll go get him then we can have dinner and talk some more." I said as I got up and went towards the kitchen.

"Kyle did he pass?" Isaac asked as soon as he saw me.

"Before I answer tell me one thing. Do you love him?" I asked before we even started out of the kitchen.

"Yes very much so he is amazing and I know he'll do anything to make me happy. So did he pass?" Isaac answered.

"Yes he passed now let's go eat because I'm starving," I said as we headed back out to Rafael.

We spent the rest of the dinner talking and laughing so by the time I was exhausted. I promised that I would stay in touch. I a lso told Isaac that if I heard that him and Rafael were having problems and didn't tell me then I would quit letting his boyfriends pass the tests.