Sneak Peak 1

(Chapter 5, pg. 29)

     Gunther and Vasilia continued to race down the hallways, breathing hard. The Fire Demons were unfortunately closing in and Gunther and Vasilia had to figure out a way to loose them quickly. Gunther led Vasilia to the ambulance exit and they ran out hoping that the Fire Demons hadn't seen them. Gunther spotted an ambulance and ran to open it. It was unlocked and the keys were inside!

     "What are you doing?!" Vasilia shouted, stepping back from the ambulance.

     "What does it look like I'm doing? I'm stealin' an ambulance!" Gunther shouted back.

     "And who'll get sent to juvy for illegally stealing an ambulance?!" Vasilia stormed.

     "We'll have to actually make it to out of here alive before we go anywhere, especially juvy!" Gunther replied and helped Vasilia into the ambulance then climbed in himself.

     "Now, how do you operate this thing?" Gunther asked Vasilia in panic after locking his door.

     "I'm fourteen, you're fourteen, and how would I out of all people know how to drive?" Vasilia replied. It was true. What do you expect a fourteen-year-old girl to know about driving?

      A loud clunk came from behind them so they looked back. The Fire Demons had figured out their "hiding place".

     "Press that thingy on the far right. Press it hard! Ooh! There's the siren button." Vasilia instructed and pressed the button labeled siren.

      The siren went on and Gunther stomped on the accelerator. Instead of the ambulance going front, it went back and crashed into the ambulance behind it which made the security alarm go off.