THE TEXT

It started out like any ordinary day, my mom woke me up, I got ready for school and ate breakfast. Then it happened, the text. It was from Gabby Middler, my best friend. Yeah, yeah, I know, I got a text from my friend. It wasn't weird at all, but it was. Gabby passed in a drunk driving accident a few months ago.

        She was with a boy, one that I wasn't a fan of. I tried to tell her not to go out with him. I tried to tell her that he was trouble, but she wouldn't listen. They went to his friends house. They were playing truth or dare and one thing led to another, they were both drunk. Nobody took them home, she swerved into a hummer and then into a tree. The car crunch together and completely  crushed her body. Nathaniel, the boy she was with, survived. Why couldn't have been him? Why couldn't Gabby had lived? We only had four months until graduation. She was valedictorian. She was going to Harvard, the, Harvard. She had so much going for her, but he got to live, he dropped out of high school, and he got to live. I couldn't stand it, the thought of Nathaniel made me want to through up. He took my best friends life. She didn't deserve that, and neither did her mom. Gabby had just lost her dad three weeks before, her mom had lost her husband, and now her daughter. Her only daughter. Could you imagine having to bury your husband and you baby girl the same day. The feeling she must have felt hurt me. I make sure to check in on her every week, to make sure she's okay. She's come over once to have dinner with us one month ago, but she hasn't been back.

        Graduation was three weeks away, I wasn't ready. They wanted me to give a speech about Gabby, I don't know if I want to though. |I want to for her, but people will just look at me like I'm lying, like I'm making it up.

       A week after I got the text, Nathaniel did too. He died the next morning.was it the text? Was it some kind of crazy coincidence? I don't know, but it gave me a creepy feeling.. Who was sending these texts? Could it be Gabby? I wasn't sure, but it was weird I decided to go to her phone operator, the had no record of the texts that were sent, so we did a test to see if we called off of Gabby's phone to see if the operator would get a record of it. He did. He did verify that whoever was sending the texts, were somehow using Gabby's phone.

                                                                           None of it made sense.