Heaviest Rainfall

AN

HI! :) I'm actually a reader. haha. But I've always been fond of writing.

This short/essay is actually part of a writing exercise I had, back when i a freshman in college.

And is, a true story of yours truly.

--------------

It was 2 0'clock in the afternoon, and I was on my way on his apartment. I remember that the weather was fair that day. It was kind of hot actually so I decided to bring an umbrella with me.

As I reached his place, I found out that he wasn't there and that he went somewhere as been told by one of his friends who's staying in the same apartment with him. They seemed so quite that time as if they knew what happened and only "I" don't. But I didn't bother to ask. And so I wait.

It seemed like time gone slower than it was earlier, the blue sky started to turn grey. The silence of the place was killing me. It was 6 o'clock now, and droplets of rain started to fall but still no sign of him. So I went on the front door and checked if he's coming or what. Then I realized that it has gotten colder than when I came. Wind started to blew its way and I found my self quite shivering. But still, no sign of him. An so, I decided to go home before the heavy rain falls.

Now the sky was perfectly gloomy. As I was on my way home riding on a train, it rained so hard. I came to realize that I left my umbrella on his apartment. I thought of just getting it tomorrow. But then I went off the train as soon as I reached the first station, took the ride back and found myself walking to his apartment, half-rain-soaked. And finally, there he was. I looked at him and waited for an explanation, but I didn't get any. I guess I wouldn't understand either because the heavy rain sounded so loud and filled the apartment. I wanted to cry right there in front of him, but what's the use? Then I saw this girl, which I had acquaintance with, quietly watching us from the door of his room. I saw her crying, too. He looked at the direction where I was looking at and then he looked at me and I did the same. Right then I realized why.

So I said my good-byes and went off. Just as I leave, he pulled my arms and hugged me, and then I saw him cry. And I did too. He said it was an accident and he didn't mean to hurt me. But he did, he badly did.

I wish I didn't go back. I had rather got soaked by the rain. He was my first love, my bestfriend, my accomplice. And I lost him, all, in a day. 

--------------------------

For the record, since the girl got pregnant they got married. And I think they're doing just fine, 'till now. 

That was 8 years ago. We were so young back then.

As for me, I'm great. hehe. No need to be bitter naman di ba, it all happened in the past. I have an awesome boyfriend, who love me just as much as I do. No plans of geeting married pa, no need to haste. :)

Hope  you guys are having a great time here in wattpad. Ciao. ^_^