Things Are Not Always What They Seem

Astrid

Hoyt

Astrid is a 17 year old girl

Astrid is a 17 year old girl. She has been living with her father ever since her parents got a divorce when she was 5. She was living in Los Angeles with her father, but he was getting married to a woman that she almost hated. Right after they were married, Astrid decided to ask if she could go live with her mother for a while. After long discussions and a few arguments, her father gave in and agreed.

Within the month, she was on her way to Redcliff, Colorado. Redcliff was a small, secluded town in the Rocky Mountains. It was just big enough to have its own school. Having to go to a different school wouldn't be good because there isn't another town for miles. The cab she had been riding in since she left the airport stopped in front of her mother's house. Astrid took a deep breath and stepped out of the cab. She grabbed all of her bags, paid the driver with the money her father gave her, and began walking up to the porch. She set the bags down and knocked on the door. It took a minute before the door opened, but when it did, her mother was standing there. She didn't look all that different than the last time she saw her. She had the same hair as Astrid, a strawberry blonde, and dark blue eyes. Her name was Samantha, and she worked as a manager at the small grocery store in town.

"Astrid! You're finally here!" Samantha said excitedly while hugging her daughter tightly, " I'll help you with your bags and show you to your room. I got it all set up for you as soon as I heard you were coming."

"Ok," Astrid said quietly.

Samantha lead Astrid through the house and up the stairs. They walked down the hallway to the last door. Samantha opened the door and walked in with Astrid trailing behind. Astrid looked around the room. There was a full sized bed with green bedding, a desk with a rolling chair, a dresser, a closet, and an attached bathroom. The carpet was fluffy and soft. The walls were painted a light blue and bare. Astrid knew she would have to do a bit of decorating to make it more interesting.

"So this is your room. I made sure to set up the one with the bathroom so you could have your own space. I got the green bed set because that was your favorite color when you were little," Samantha explained.