In the beginning

Aidan woke to the ring of his alarm clock. He got up, walked to the clock, and turned it up. Aidan rubbed his eyes and yawned before getting ready for the day.

He got dressed and yanked the curtains back, revealing a beautiful sunrise peaking behind a hill. The sight was breathtaking. After taking in the sight, he closed the curtains and left his room.

Upon entering the homes hallway, he noticed that his fathers office door was cracked open. Aidan found this strange, as his father would always have the door shut and locked. Aidan slowly walked over to the door and peaked inside. He notice that nothing seemed to be wrong, so he entered the room. Aidan was overwhelmed by all of the things his father had. After looking around, Aidan left the room, closing the door behind him.

The house was unusually silent. He went down stairs and looked around. He first went to the kitchen, where he would always find his mother cooking breakfast and drinking coffee. She wasn't there, so he walked to the living room, where his family would spend the most time watching television and talking.

When entering the room, he did find his mother, but he noticed something was wrong. She sat on the couch staring at the turned off television. Aidan walked over to her. After a few seconds she snapped out of it.
She grabbed Aidan's hand and pulled him closer. Aidan gave little resistance and was pulled closer to his mother.

His mother started whispering. "Your father, their dead, walking.. I don't get it... I don't understand... There are bite marks... He bit the twins... Flesh was ripped, blood, screaming... The twins died, but they are walking... I'm scared..."

Trying to make sense of what his mother said, Aidan pulled away from his mother to go investigate. He went up stairs to the twins room. Aidan slowly opened the door and looked around. He notice blood splattered on one of the beds and on the wall.

Aidan walked out and hurried to his fathers room. He opened the door and seen his father and his two sisters standing with a hunch and breathing loudly. "It... Hurts" one of the twins whispered. They all started screaming and grunting. All three turned around, revealing three gruesome, torn faces.

They started walking towards Aidan screaming "HELP ME." Aidan froze up with fear. All three tackled Aidan and pinned him to the ground. Aidan snapped to and started screaming. He looked up to find his mother staring at him. Aidan reached his hand out in hopes that his mother would take it.

Instead, she shook her head and closed the door. A sharp pain shot up his arm. The pain was immense.

After a bit, the pain and screaming stopped. Aidan could no longer feel the pain of the three eating him. He look down to see that his stomach being eaten and that his arm and leg was chewed down to the bone. All color seized to exist.

Before long, Aidan could no longer see, feel, or talk. So much of him was gone that there was nothing to reanimate. Aidan was dead.