the girl i once knew

I once knew a girl. We had the same name, the same clothes, the same face. My friends always saw us together, but sometimes apart. She always looked on the brightside and I always looked on the dark so we balance each other out, helping each other cope with reality. I loved her, and her me. And all was good.........
-
-
-
-
Until one day a special chapter in my life came by. And on top of that our parents could be in the same room without a negative word in sight. She was too happy, she set her hopes to high,so did I. And as we stepped off that stage, we had to leave for some reason. Some strange reason. And as we came around that shady little corner, on that shady little street, in that shady little town, I saw his shady little two room apartment was raided as cops surrounded the premises. As he got out of the car, he gave a nervous smile, that we recognize,kissed her hopeful cheek and we saw him taken away by them. But she was still  there,fading fast but there. By the time we realized what happened,we had to come clean and tell them all that we knew,... the whole time. Then seeing that look, that horrible,soul crushing, untrustworthy look. She disappeared, I never saw her, ever again. And I was alone...