Falling For A Stranger

I can remember my toes in the sand. I was having the time of my life at this point. His arms around me. I'm in a new state, new city and definitely new love.

I never believed in long distance relationships. Honestly, I thought it was pretty hilarious when I would hear people talk about their relationships. I couldn't imagine myself doing that. Until, I met him.

I'm a video game nerd. I usually make friends online. Being female on Xbox is a big deal sometimes. You get attention when you never want it. He wasn't like the others, though. He was very shy and kind hearted. He would only speak when I would ask a question. After a few weeks of that, he opened up to me. He was so funny and had a huge heart. His voice was so inviting and lovely. We started talking on a regualy basis. Eventually, numbers got exchanged. It was weird, because I started missing him when I wasn't killing noobs on xbox with him. Months went by and we were constantly texting or talking on the phone. I felt like I was falling in love with him. "I thought you didn't agree with long distance.", my best friend said. He was right, but so wrong now. It had been four wonderful months talking to this stranger that was 1,000 miles away. I had fallen for him, but couldn't tell him.

We added each other on Facebook. I had always wonder what he looked like. His main photo was weird. I think it was a picture of him but it was edited to the max. I never asked him to send me a photo. At this point, it didn't matter. I loved him for the person he was. My photo on my page was recent and he could not stop complimenting me. I liked the attention he was giving me. He made me feel so loved and beautiful. I would randomly send him pictures of myself, just to see what he would say. Never a dull word.

It was thanksgiving night, I was washing the dishes and I hear my phone go off. It's a text from him. "I'm thankful for you. You make me feel like a person again." That made me feel so good. I was hoping, just maybe he was falling for me too. I called him immediately. "I'm thankful for meeting a wonderful person like you! I like you a lot and I'm not sure you know that", I said. "I know and I like you too, beautiful", he said. I couldn't believe what I had heard. I felt so excited and I wanted to tell everyone.