Addison

Panic. Where am I? Sit up, look around. Breathe. You're in your dorm. Nora's asleep in the bed across the room from my own. The window is open slightly, making it easy to hear the light rain that's coming down. My sheets are messed up and my clothes and hair are disheveled, hinting that I had a night terror. Again. I've lived here for over a year now, but I still get them almost everyday. Maybe tomorrow they'll go away.

Silently, I get out of bed and go to the mirror. It's one of my everyday rituals. Freak. The dark circles under my eyes are prominent. My brown and blonde hair is knotted within the bun that's sitting on the top of my head, with small pieces sticking out in every direction. Stepping away from the mirror I take my towel into the bathroom with me and shower; taking extra time to try to wash away last nights struggle. In front of my mirror again, sitting this time, I start to do my makeup: Concealer. Powder. Blush. Eyeshadow. Mascara. What if people don't like it? Then I do my hair: Brush. Blow-Dry. Straighten. Do you think people notice that this is how I always do my hair? Standing up, I glance in the mirror once more before I get dressed. My brown eyes look the same as they always do: tired. I smile in the mirror. You still look tired Addison, stop trying. It's obvious. On my desk is the outfit that I prepared for today. Maroon sweater, skinny jeans and brown knee high boots. Maybe Nora won't make fun of my outfit today.

"Good morning Addison! Sleep well?" Speaking of the devil... Nora's sitting up in bed now, watching me as I walk from the mirror to my own bed.

"Yeah, I slept fine." Liar. I force a smile and then start to look at the ends of my hair, distracting myself from having to look her in the eye.

"Okay... Well. I have to get ready." She gets out of bed and starts to collect her things to shower. I stand up and grab my bag; I have a class in about 10 minutes.

Walking to the door, I say "I have work at one today so I probably won't be around until later tonight."

She looks at me like I'm insane. "Addison. Did you forget that we made plans to go out tonight? You promised.." Nora's always been a little... whiny... if she doesn't get her way.

" I know and I'm sorry. But I can't just cancel work because you want to go out tonight, you know that... I need this job!" I have to pay for half of my school tuition by myself. I only have a partial scholarship, and my parents didn't think that I was the child to help put through college. Of course, Nora knows this. I've known her since second grade so she knows everything about me. But if it doesn't correspond with what she wants, forget it. She wouldn't even remember my middle name if it meant getting what she wanted.

"But we never go out anymore! You're always working or going to class. And I know that you aren't doing anything fun because, let's be real, I'm your only friend." Ouch.

I try to refrain from saying anything that would make her upset so all I say is "Tell it to my boss. See you later Nora." And with that I grabbed my rain jacket and left.

That's typical Nora. She loves to rub it in my face that she's my only friend, but then threatens anybody who tries to even talk to me. I don't even want to be friends with her anymore. It's not like she's actually nice to me at all. But even if her and I weren't friends, it's not likely that I would be able to make any other really good friends.

Loser.

****

AN//

Hey guys! Just letting you know that this is not Chapter One! This is a prologue thing... there will be one more of these! You can call this Addison's character description! Here's something that you might like to know about Addison: You may have figured this out, but the italics are what she's thinking. I won't tell you any more for now, but I hope you liked this! 

I'll post more soon! Alli xx