Prologue

"Bethany Jayne Bates! I know you're in there and I know what happened. Come out now. You can't possibly hide forever!"

"Give me a minute!"

Tears cascaded from my eyes and landed one by one, forming a puddle on the pastel pink bed. I quickly wiped it away with a tissue and closed the door.

I had spent all night deleting emails from people sending, um, what was the name?

Ah.

Sqampy stories.

Bethany Bates, I hate you immensely and will forever.

How could you joke to a fan that Stampy and you were dating?

Sure, you were love in the guy with cute messy hair.

But the guy with cute messy hair has a girlfriend.

I looked in the mirror. My hair currently looked messier than my Tumblr feed. The bags under my eyes were light black, and the corneas inside were red and bloodshot.

I quickly combed my hair and wiped away my tears in swift movements, probably wiping a little too hard as I accidentally left a few scars on my face.

My love life's probably less stable than Dan Howell's chair.

I'm extremely sorry if you don't know what that means.

Then, I saw a figure standing on all fours with fox like ears. It bounded up to me excitedly and into my arms. The animal gave me an affectionate nip, demanding for my touch on its coat of light brown and black fur.

"Pepsi! Okay-I know mum sent you. I'm coming down, okay?" I managed a small smile, as I swung open my door and walked downstairs, the dog sticking to me like a leech. It felt weird to be out of my room. I had stayed there for about a week to hide from my family. And my problems.

Most importantly, Stampy.

My mum was standing there, her brown hair tied in a messy bun. Her green eyes (idk what's the real colour) were glued to me, and it was extremely pressurising, as it had a glint in it, and I wasn't too sure whether it was disappointment, anger, or being worried.

I decided to take the latter.

"Beth. Joseph is waiting outside for you." she muttered. Her voice unnerved me more than her gaze, as it felt like an cold icy blade piercing through me. I shivered involuntarily as I grabbed a Hot Fudge Sundae PopTart before walking to the door to face the music. Mum went back into the room, probably to take her afternoon nap.

I munched on my PopTart nervously.

Hopefully, he wouldn't rage at me too much.

I opened the door and said meekly,"Hello Joseph."

The curly haired boy was standing in front of me, his veins almost popping. Fury was painted on his face, one that Anger from Inside Out would have been proud of. His eyebrows were arched and his arms were akimbo.

Then, the volcano inside of him exploded.

"DO YOU REALIZE HOW SERIOUS THIS IS? I'm dating Amy! You can't do this!!!! Of all the silly things, Sqaishey!" he growled. I winced a bit before taking a breath.

"S-Sorry." I said shakily.

"Sorry doesn't cut it." Joseph scowled.

"There's nothing else we can do," I answered, trying my best to stay calm, "-we're just going to have to stick with it. We can't disappoint the fans Stamps."

"I'm sorry." he apologised, "-I was too harsh." Stampy chewed on his lip nervously.

"It's okay. Well, our lives will never be the same after this."

"I suppose."

Then, he walked away.

  As much as I was in big trouble, Stampy was in hot water too.

AN:
Sorry to all Sqampy shippers if this story insulted well.. your ships. I'm also a major Sqampy fan but hey, it's fun to have a plot twist!

Hope you enjoy 'If Sqampy Wasn't Real'!