Eagle team

Eagle Team

It was May 7th, 2016, five years after the great Asia war started.  All the pilots and veterans of the war were at a party in San Francisco California.  I decided not to go because I might freak out and go nuts or something just remembering who is and isn’t there.  I lost so many friends and people I cared about.  The war began May 7th 2011 when China, Japan, North Korea, South Korea, and Mongolia all joined together to form the AFF or the Asia Fighting Forces.  They killed all Americans in there countries and bombed all American islands in the area.  Over twelve thousand American citizens died that day.

The day America heard about this, congress declared war.  That war would pit us against the most powerful army ever imagined.  We fought with our lives, because the said if they win, the AFF would take every U.S. citizen and kill every man and make all the woman work to death in work camps.  So we had no choice but to fight.   After 3 years of fighting they seemed to be retreating, but on June 14th 2014 the AFF committed the unthinkable.  The nations detonated seven nuclear warheads on their borders.  Seeing this, the armies of the AFF were shocked and three months later threw down their arms and vowed never to fight again.  

Now, as I was sitting on my porch looking at the lake, I wondered how this could go wrong.  There has been no war since the end the Great Asia War and not even a small battle has taken place.  Just as I was thinking how peaceful this is, a blacked out S.U.V. pulled up.  I looked up and saw a man in a suit get out.  I knew something had happened.  

He asked, “Are you Mr. Alvin, H. Davenport?”

“Yes I am.” I replied.

“Ex pilot of the US navy that fought in the Great Asia War?”

“Yes sir.”

“Come with me, there’s been an emergency.  I’ll explain along the way.”

“Alright let me grab some things.”

“No time sir, request what you need, and well bring it to you.”

“Alright then.”

Along the way he told me what had happened.  “There’s been a bombing, at San Francisco, and all of our pilots have been killed.  Including the ground personal and navy, the city has been obliterated.  We have one aircraft carrier that survived, and its crew is fine, unfortunately all the pilots were killed, and the planes are damaged.  We know it is the AFF because they are the only ones that can possibly have enough firepower to level a city.”

“So, were do I come into this?” I asked.

“You were the highest scoring ace in the navy, and one of four pilots that have training, and one of three that are in the country.”

“What about the trainees?”

“All dead that could fly, they were at the ceremony.”

Oh crap I thought.  Now we have no way to defend ourselves.  “So who is left that can fly?”

“Classified until you get to the carrier sir.”

“Alright then.” We passed Ronald Reagan airport and it was at a stand still.  Must be because of the attack, I thought.  Still I was wondering who was left.  I haven’t talked to my squad since the war ended and I knew they were at the party.  It was sad.  I felt nothing.  I wasn’t angry or sad.  I guess I learned to block emotions after what I saw in the war.

We pulled up to the Pentagon and it was silent on the outside.  But on the inside it was a mad house, people screaming on the phone and yelling at each other.  The man escorted me to an elevator.  He stopped at the door and said “My security clearance doesn’t allow me to the 10th sub ground floor.  This is wear I stop.”