Prologue

"I really hope you have a plan Dean." Sam grumbled through gritted teeth as he climbed out of the impala, slamming the door shut as he walked around to the trunk.

"I always have a plan Sammy, when have my plans ever failed?"

Sam winchester turned to face his brother with a look as if to say 'seriously?'.

"Yeah alright, don't answer that." Dean responded under his breath, rumaging through the trunk and stuffing whatever equipment he could find in his duffel bag.

Sam laughed quietly to himself and shook his head slightly as he slammed the trunk shut and pulled the gun out from his belt.

The two of them hesitated slightly in front of the menacing tall building in front of them.

"This is the place?" Sam asked

"Looks like." Dean sighed, "You'd think demon's would find a place a bit more secretive than an abandoned warehouse just off the highway wouldn't you?"

"Maybe." Sam shrugged,"lets just get this done, then we can just go back to the bunker and sleep."

"You had me at 'get this done'" Dean replied and the two of them began to search for a way in.

Their job had never been easy, but they dealt with the difficulties they faced each and every time they took on a case wnd they got the job done, this time however, thing's were slightly different.

Dean watched sam as he picked the lock and followed behind as they crept into the warehouse and then they heard a scream.

A girl's scream, and the two brothers caught each other's eye and drew their weapons.

They moved together until they came to two ajoining corridors.

"I'll take the left you take the right and we meet back here in 10." Dean whispered.

Sam nodded and made his way along the corridor, pushing open each door he came to cautiously. He heard a crash off to his left and spun around about to head over to help Dean but he heard muffled voices further to the right. He followed the noises and came to a final door. The rotting wood reinforced with metal bars and a lock left open on the latch.

He pushed gently on the door and it swung open to reveal a room much larger than the other's. His finger wavered over the trigger as he slowly shifted through the open door.

A man held a knife that glinted in the moonlight that crept through the barred windows. He was leaning over a body with it's wrist's bound over it's head, holding the blade up to it's neck.

"Hey!" Sam yelled and the man froze, he turned and his black eyes gleamed as he recognised Sam's face.

"Winchester." He snarled, an ugly smile creeping across his face.

He began to move towards Sam but Sam fired the gun before he could even take one step.

The demon laughed, "bullets, really? They don't hurt us, i thought you would know that by now."

"Maybe not the bullet's, but i doubt the devil's trap carved on them will do you much good." Sam growled as he swept forward and plunged the demon knife into the man's chest.