ⓣⓦⓞ үεℓℓσω вσү

My white sneakers brushed against the dry dirt without a care. The condition of my shoes were the least of my concern as I examined my new residence. Everything was so. . . old. The buildings were cracked and looked like they were from a century I would see in my history textbooks. The paint upon the stone roofs were worn and I simply glanced at my mom. I hope she realized how bad everything was and would just turn around and drive back home.

       As I thought about how bad the houses were, I began to see the people of this town. They matched the buildings, dry, cracked, old, and worn out. Dirt was smothered across their face and I narrowed my eyes in disgust. My mother seemed interested and happy however, she began to talk with one of the citizens.

"Hello! We are the new people to live here," she said. Her voice was tired as usual.

The man she talked to blinked for a moment and smiled.

"Welcome! I hope you enjoy it here," He said.

I didn't trust the sound of his voice. He acted as if he never saw such a beautiful woman before. I rolled my eyes and once again listened to my music. I wasn't the type to talk and be social.

"My son can show you both your new home, I am quite busy at them moment, I shall see you shortly," the man continued on.

He left right away, as if in a giant hurry. A part of me became suspicious but for the most part I didn't care. Just then, a very thin person approaches my mom. The person seemed to be a few years younger than me and had almost what looked like the perfect skin. I blinked in surprise. 

"Are you the man's son?" my mom asks.

"Yes ma'am I am!" the person said politely.

With my music I couldn't hear what they said. In fact, I wouldn't care. To be honest, I am more or less focusing on whether or not this person is a dude or a chick. The silky-strawberry blonde hair that was tied in a ponytail made it a little difficult. The eyes were almost sparkling blue diamonds. This person seemed awfully too pretty to be a guy. 

I see the blondie walk with my mom and I followed. Soon we were directed to a run down house like all the others. A lump in my throat formed and stayed there. I can't believe I was to leave here, in some shack.

My mother smiled at the blondie then opened what was practically a paper door. She marveled at the interior and happily gazed at each corner of the one floor 'shack'. I see the blondie glance at me, waiting to see me act like my mom or something. I give a polite smile that made the blondie blink. Who blinks when being smiled at? 

The blondie walks closer to me, as if wanting to talk to me. I pull out one earbud and expect some stupid questions. However, as the person stepped closer and closer I felt my face heat up ever so slightly. This blondie looked so much more attractive close up. . .

"Hello! I'm Len!" Blondie peeps.

I feel my heart snap and my jaw drop. IT'S A DUDE! A girly-one at that...

"H-Hello... I'm..I'm Kaito.." I say warily. 

Len tilts his head slightly, obviously confused why I'm stuttering. I was confused too.

"Sorry, I don't talk to people too often...." I mumble for an excuse.

"Oh that's fine! It's nice to meet you Kaito!" Len laughs.

What is up with this guy? He is all happy and cheery like some girl. The music left in one ear seems to just muffle out as I stare at Len. There is no way that's a guy... Or am I just trying to deny the fact that he looks.. cute....ish? I- I MEAN FOR A GUY!

Len asks, "Where are you from?"

He totally crashed my train of thought, in which I was thankful of. 

"I'm from the city a few hours from here," I answer simply.

"The city!? Really? I've always wanted to go there," Len said.

I blink then give a soft smile.

"Maybe I can take you there with me when I go to visit," I suggest.

I can't believe I offered something like that. Much too randomly kind of me. I just met this guy and I basically invited him to hang out with me in the city. What is wrong with me?

Len gave a look of excitement and gasped.

"REALLY? Thank you Kaito! That sounds like fun!!" He exclaimed.

The city isn't that great. . .

~~~~~

    I help move things from the small moving truck. I didn't know we owned so much junk. We never get rid of it however, only because my mother sees items as a passage to memories. To be honest, there are alot of memories I wish to throw out.