Untitled Part 1

I look behind me, all I see is the wide, gray, expanse of rock. Every where i look there is rock. Rough speckled rock that looks like granite, and hurts my paws. I run for what seems like forever when suddenly i fall of the steep edge of the rock. I land neatly on all fours and look around, i am at the base of a granite cliff over looking a lush green forest.

I smell the strong sent of another cat. The sent is fresh, but not fresh enough for the other cat to still be hear. As i pad deeper into the forest the sent of cat gets stronger.  I see through the thick trees a small clearing with four or five cats that are all sitting around a pile of dead rabbits.

I pounce landing next to a speckled she-cat.

" why are you here, you are not a member of my family" she spits.

" Sorry, but I was just passing by" I mumble, for her rudeness surprised me, no one in my old group would dare be rude to a newcomer.

"oh, so you are just passing by so you jump in my family's camp and expect us to be fine" she madly mews "that is not how we do things hear".

"Shh,  the young ones are sleeping you are going to wake them" a older tabby said.

"Okay mom" the speckled cat meowed rudely.

"who is this visitor Speckledfur" gently meows the tabby.

"A intruder from some where else" meows Speckledfur.

"why don't you introduce him to the rest of the family" Says speckledfur

"That is my father, or Thunder", she says looking at a gray tom, "and that is spots my sister and Jazz my mom".

" your family is so small I come from a huge family of cats that all live and hunt together" I meow.

" Why don't you stay the night" yawns Jazz.

"Okay" I say.

" the sleeping area is over there" Says Jazz.

I lie down and think about the day. I was kick out of my family's camp for something that I did not even do which was very hard. Then I had to cross the huge granite rock that surrounds my old home. Today was the hardest day of my life I think as I drift to sleep.