Teaser

Jacqueline Marguerite Beauchene is a renowned human resources manager in her company, wanted by every branch. She makes the dreaded HR lectures into an almost looked-forward-to event and is as open door as an HR manager can get. Someone has a problem, they go straight to Jacqueline, and everything gets taken care of. With every branch of the company wanting her as their HR manager, she gets transferred a lot, three to five times a year a lot, and is often asked or brought in for her opinion on an issue at another branch.
Her life, though, is far from perfect. She can never settle down completely because soon enough, she out to another branch. Yes, she might call Portland her home, but she only spends 6 months at most per year there. There have been times where she has spent over a year with another branch. She has friends everywhere, but only a couple very close friends, and she hasn't dated anyone in ten years because of her up-and-go job.
She arrives back in Portland, after a 3 month stint in Bozeman, Montana, to find their best editor has moved on and been replaced by Jonathan Welles, a funny, spirited, and talkative man. His lively personality makes Jacqueline wary and a little flustered. She judges him harshly, trying to make him look as incompetent as possible in her mind. But that never works, does it?