Dark One and Regina

Regina was looking out the window, feeling a slight chill as the breeze drew inside. She looked around the room, she looked at the empty spot in her bed. A hand resting on her belly, a small bump. Robin was lead on to believe it was his, only it was not.

"Emma, appear," a small whisper, barely amiable.

The dark one came, her white hair in a tight bun, her eyes emotionless, unlike Regina. Treads of grey in her otherwise dark hair. She looked at the dark one saying, "I can't do this anymore."

"What, why am I here?" Emma seemed confused, not even knowing why she was called upon.

"Pretend I am okay with you being the dark one, when I am not. I hate it with every fiber of my being, don't you see it we should have found a better way. I see the darkness take more and more of you and it scares me, I need my soft sweet Emma, I need you here with me, I am tired of worrying about you being the dark one," she spoke treading closer.

"You shouldn't worry about me, you really..." Her words, what she was saying it was never finished as she felt Regina's hot lips against her cold. She felt the change in her, the darkness slowly vanishing, she felt her head her mind getting lighter, and she cupped Regina's cheek, kissing her back. As she backed out from it she said, "Regina, love, what happened?"

"Nothing of importance," a smile on pale red lips, a glimmer in her eyes, the elderly woman looked at her love.

"You look tired, let us go to bed," Emma nuzzled against her cheek.

"Mmm," Regina nodded. As they lay down a moment after and Emma held her close, her hand resting upon Regina's , she said, "I had this strange dream, I was the dark one and Hook was so upset, you were crying, you said I was lost I could never return, but I am here and I will never leave you."

"Strange that dream, I am glad it wasn't true," Regina spoke, her hand gripping around Emma's tighter now. She smiled glad she was back from the dark side.

"Can you imagine that, me as the dark one, scaring Gold," Emma said with a laugh.

"No I can't, but you are welcome to scare him any time," Regina said with a small laugh. Emma kissed her shoulder, before falling asleep. Regina stayed awake a bit longer glad Belle was right, true love's kiss worked every time.