Introduction

Hey!

So this is an introduction (as you've probably already guessed from the cleverly named title of this chapter) to the book, it is a section of the story which comes in later in the plot but I thought it gave you (the reader) an idea of what my writing style is like and a general idea of wether you would want to continue reading my story. (I hope you do, so fingers crossed!)

If you want to read it then feel free to comment as I would love to hear your opinion and if you even like it enough to vote then by all means do. But saying that I am not planing on being one of those people who will only update if they get a curtain number of reads or votes, because that's not why I write.

Anyway, one last thing before I stop rambling I know there are lots of people who read Wattpad from all around the world and I would just like to clear something up, in this story everyone (pretty much) is American apart from Charlie (the main character) and her mum. I am from England but I am going to try and attempt to make whatever dialogue that is said by an American be what someone from America would actually say, for example 'sidewalk' instead of 'pavement', if that makes sense. But I know I am bound to make mistakes and so if you notice please may you point it out to me in the comments, thank you.

Well that's enough from me, I hope you enjoy !

MyNamesIssia x

Intro:

Music flooded the small room. The familiar intro filling every inch. The beat bounced of the mirror covered wall. Placing my hand gently on the wooden bar, I looked at my reflection. I didn't have to pretend. Not here. Here, I was free.

Turning away from my broken face, my eyes focusing on the placement of my feet. Not long left. I began to bend my leg and lift it gently towards the far wall. My toes held perfect shape. The straight line from my hip to the tip never broken. The moment the beat dropped I leaped into the air.

I spun, twirled and leaped. For the first time in forever I felt invincible. My hair flew behind me slightly delayed from the rest of my body. My arms stayed curved as I lifted them above my head and then round the rest of my body. A feather had nothing in comparison to how light I felt. For that ever lasting moment I felt careless, calm, happy. Truly happy.

But like everything in life, it had to end. As the last note faded away I found myself looking in the mirror again, my hand clutching the bar. Just like the last few minutes had never happened. But this time the reflection was different to the last. The previously closed door had been opened to revel a boy.

He looked older than his actual age of 19. He had a shadow cast over his beautiful face. His features no longer held their unconditional kindness, but were replaced with a hollow sadness. He looked as broken as I had felt, but the difference was; he had no right to be.

I turned to look at him my face blank of any emotion.

"What are you doing here?" My voice shook slightly.

"I need to speak to you." His voice made my heart beat slightly faster.

"If it's to do with that night then you've got nothing to worry about. I'm over it and to be quite frank you should be too." Even after being so close for so long he still could never tell when I lied to him.

"Then why are you ignoring me?"

"I'm not ignoring you, silly. I've just been really busy, you know with the exams coming up and stuff." The term of endearment sounded strained to my own ears.

He looked unsure. Weary almost.

"Oh don't worry, your secrets safe with me. No one will ever know. It's not really one to tell the grand kids is it? Sleeping with your step-sister." A laugh escaped my lips. It was dry and almost villain esc.

"That's not what I-"

"Come on, let's not hang about. Do you need a lift?" I planted a fake smile onto my face. My voice sickly sweet. He frowned before telling me no.

I walked over to the changing rooms. Just as I was about to close the door behind me I heard the words that almost broke me.

"I missed you."

I forced myself to close the door. He couldn't do that to me.

Not now.