Forever & Always: A BertieBertG One Shot

I couldn't believe that it's been two months already, two months doesn't seem too long but it was long enough for me to know I was destined to be with him. I, Dumara Rodriguez, was destined to be with the love of my life Bertie Gilbert.

 So today Bertie told me he had a surprise for our anniversary. I couldn't really think of what he was planning to do.

  We finally stop at a museum, a wax museum. I scream, "oh my gosh Bertie, no way." I know of course it would be weird for someone to get excited over a wax museum, but this wasn't any other wax museum, this was the museum with One Direction.

  As soon as I saw Niall I died, I tried not to let my excitement out because I could tell by Bertie's blushing cheeks he was getting jealous.

  "Thank you this is the best anniversary ever," I said to Bertie.

  "What?! It's not over yet love."

It's around 8:00 pm at night. I know I've been in London for two months but I haven't really explored it. It was beautiful lights decorated the streets I felt like a little kid at Disney land. Bertie giggled when he looked at the expression on my face, but I couldn't help it.

  We stopped at a big hotel, it looked really expensive . It had giant lions in the front and as we walked in there were glass chandeliers everywhere. He gestured me towards the elevator I followed. He gave me a key, told  me to go to the room and get ready. I asked, "why?"

  He replied with a cheeky grin, "you'll find out."

I walked into the room it was simple and clean, I liked it. There was a box on the bed, I opened it, I wasn't really a dress type of girl but this dress was beautiful with crystals on the waist band. I threw it on, curled my hair on and whipped my makeup on. I heard a knock on the door. "Wait a sec," I yelled. I put my heels on and opened the door, there was Bertie dressed in his suit and bow tie. Why is he so adorable? I thought to myself. He just stared at me. I couldn't help it I'm a loud person, "what's wrong do I look bad?!"

  He responded softly,"no... It's just... You look beautiful." he blushed.

  We took the elevator to the fifth floor. It was a ball. Everyone was there, Harrison and Dom were chatting in the corner. We went to go sit down. After a couple hours of chatting we went to dance. Bertie wasn't really the type to get down so when we got up we danced to the song "stay by Rihanna" it was perfect. I let my head fall onto his shoulder as we danced. He whispered into my ear, "Dumara, I'm so glad I met you. You're so different. You don't care what people have to say about you."

  "Thank you, I guess..." I replied.   

  He said, "no what I'm trying to say is that.... Dumara I love you."

It took me back for a second. He had never said that to me before. The truth is... I loved him too. I never wanted to leave his arms.

  "I love you too." I responded. And I meant every word of it. The song ended and we sat down again.

  Bertie went to hang out with Dom and Roy and I was just sitting there, I was actually quite tired, I went to Bertie, "Bertie I'm gonna go get my stuff from the hotel room and I'm gonna go home, I'm just exhausted."

  " I'll take you home then," he said. He looked disappointed and so did Roy and Dom.

  I responded, "no stay, I had a wonderful night with you and I love you, goodnight Bertie."

  "I love you too," he responded and gave me a gentle kiss . As his lips touched mine I felt his warmth and his love. I walked away then.

 I walked away, I got dressed into my jeans and my converse and was ready to leave. As I was walking to my car there was a man I avoided him. But he followed me I started to run to my car, he followed. I fell, he got me. He yelled at me to give me everything and I didn't. He pulled out a gun, I started I scream, "Bertie! Bertie! I need you!"

  He said,"shut up you do anything or say anything you die." I tried to fight him then Bang.

 What was this feeling, I touched the front of my chest. There it was blood, I realized what this pain was, I know what is going to happen, I'm going to die.

  BERTIE'S POV

I was glad how today ended it was perfect. *BANG* wtf. Everyone screamed. Someone's shooting out there. I wasn't that scared things like this usually happened. Wait! Dumara just left! I hope she's okay, I bet she is, she's a strong woman. We all saw that the police finally came, so everyone rushed out. Someone was going into the ambulance on a stretcher, who is it? I wondered. Wait... No... No it can't be. "Dumara!!!! Dumara!!!!" She didn't respond. I rushed to her, but the police pushed me back. I screamed while tears were rushing down my face. "No that's my girlfriend please!!!" They let me through. There she was. Lying there. I talked to her, "I'm sorry dumara, I should've of went with you, I'm so sorry..." I couldn't handle all these tears.

 "Bertie, listen to me, I just want you to know, today was the best day of my life and probably the last day of my life, but I'm glad that I ended it with you, thank you Bertie, I will always love you, forever and always." She spoke softly

  Beep.......Beep ....... Beep ................."why isn't it beeping anymore?!"

  "I'm sorry lad..... She's gone." The EMT said.

  "No, no, no, no no this can't be happening, please! Help me please I need you, don't leave me Dumara, please!" I pleaded. They put the blanket over her, "NOOO!" I screamed, they held me back. Then told me to go home, I couldn't NO I had to stay with Dumara. The police grabbed me and took me home.

Days past after Dumara's funeral.

No one really talked about it. I didn't really know who I was anymore. I called Roy and Dom. "Hello? Yeah this is Bertie well, I wanted to tell you guys you were the best mates a friend could have."

  "Bertie why are you telling us this?" Dom asked.

  "Well because this is goodbye," I responded.

 Roy spoke, "goodbye? Where are you going?"

 "I'm going with Dumara," then I hung up the phone. I knew what they were gonna say and I didn't care. She was the love of my life. Why should I live my life without her. Why couldn't my life have been taken instead of hers, this is all my fault. I heard my mum knocking at my door. A tear streamed down my face. I put the gun to my head and put my finger on the trigger. "Hey Dumara, I'll see you soon." BANG.

                                                           THE END.