Scarlett

This story is going to be based on any member you’d like it to be. I’ll use ‘he’ or ‘him’ as the character name and you can add your favourite member’s name if you wish.

———————————————————————————————

Your husband sighs, looking at himself in the mirror and rubbing his tired, wary eyes. “I’m ready, Daddy.” The little girl says from behind him. He turns to see her stood on the bottom step, her cheeks red. “Can you do my hair?” She asked, quietly, holding out a ribbon. He walks to her and places the ribbon under her hair, tying it in place in the centre of her head. She steps down from the staircase and stands beside him in the mirror, both of them observing their reflections. “Do I look… okay?” Scarlett asks, staring up at her Daddy. He smiles and kisses her forehead. “You look gorgeous, Darling.” He answers, cupping her cheek with his hand. “You’re shaking Daddy.” She says, taking his hand in her much smaller one. His eyes sting with tears and he bits his lip, trying not to cry. “Do you think Mommy will like my dress?” Scarlett asks, trying to make her Daddy smile. He nods and helps her put her coat on.

Stepping out of the car, he takes Scarlett’s hand, pulling his coat closed as the harsh wind blew. “I’m cold.” Scarlett sighs. He squeezes her hand tighter. “Hi baby, we’re here.” He says, his voice low and shaking. “Hi Mommy.” Scarlett says too. He takes a deep breath as Scarett lets go of his hand. “You’re doing a good job, babe.” He hears. He turns to see you behind him, your eyes sparkling with pride. “Y/N.” He murmurs, walking to you and kissing you. “I’m so proud of you.” You say, stroking his cheek. He smiles and runs his fingers through your hair. “I miss you.” He says. You smile and hold him, rubbing his back. “I’m always here.” You whisper into his ear. “Daddy, Daddy! Who is that lady?” Scarlett says, running over. He smiles and puts his arm around you. “This is your Mommy, Scar.” He says. Scarlett begins to cry and hugs you, hanging from your hips. “Baby girl.” You say, dropping to your knees and hugging her properly. “This dress is gorgeous.” You say, smiling as she does a twirl in front of you. “I love you Mommy.” Scarlett says, kissing your cheek. You smile and check your watch. “It’s time for Mommy to go now.” You say. “But you only just got here.” Scarlett says, her eyes filling with tears once again. You nod and hug her, not wanting to let her go. He comes over to you, kissing you before you walk away, leaving them both alone. Scarlett sighs and looks up at her Dad, her eyes full of pain. “Don’t cry.” He tells her, kissing her small hand. Scarlett places a flower on the ground and stands back, at her Dad’s side. “I love you Mommy.” She says, blowing a kiss. “I love you Sweetheart.” He says. And with that, they walk away from the gravestone, hand in hand, back home and back to reality.