Prologue.

I walk and walk. This is never ending. Hoping for something miraculous to happen I raise my phone up into the air hoping it'd catch some signal from any damned thing in the world.

But no.

We lost signal and touch with the moving world a day and a half ago and I'm positive we're lost and there's no way I'll ever get to see my sister's little ones ever again. I love those kids more than I do anyone.

Whose idea was it to go exploring the unexplored with nothing but a travelling backpack filled with food and water without any expert-travelling-guide guiding us? Not mine. Rick.

"I wish I could see my sister and the kids one last time, y'know."

"You will," Rick says inhaling the dirty air.

"Sure, how longer can you pretend that you know where you're going?" I roll my eyes; possibly the millionth time I've done it after I realised that we're lost and doomed.

"Trust me."

"Look, just stop!" I scream. He stops. "We're not getting out of this. You and I both know that we're lost. You keep walking but do you have any damn clue where you're even going? Hell, you might be reducing us the chance of ever being found."

"Look, I get that you're ups-" he starts before I cut him off with my voice louder than his.

"Upset? Are you fucking kidding me? I'm devastated. We're as good as dead. We can't find our way back neither will anyone find us here."

He lets out a sigh of despair.

This is really it.

We're never getting out of here.