Chapter 1

WELCOME TO THE TOWN OF REDCHESTER! Alexa read out loud as her dad drove by.

"I still can't believe we're moving all the way from New York just for some stupid job you got" Alexa whined.

"Alexa Marie Bradley. You may be 17 but you certainly do not have the right to sass me like that."

Alexa thought about all her friends back in New York and she thought about Jacob, she couldn't handle a long distance relationship so she was basically forced to break up with him. She stopped thinking about it for a second, the pain was unbearable.

After what seemed like centuries, their all black matte BMW pulled into a huge modernized old house. Leaves of all colors covered the front yard, Alexa couldn't wait to step on them all. She stepped out of the car and walked up the stone path leading to the front door. She stood there for a while, scared but excited to know what lies beyond the mosaic glass door. The door made an ear shattering creak as she stepped inside.

The living room was the size of their old apartment. A little bit to the right was a amazing spiral staircase that seemed to go on forever. One by one, she made it up the stairs, entered the room that looked like it was hers. It had a window seat a hammock in the middle of the room and her own bathroom. Next to the bathroom door was a window, she looked through and saw a boy with a grey hoodie and earphones in jogging. She hadn't thought much of it so she turned away and headed back outside to help with the furniture.

"Hey mom, hi dad. You need help with anything?"

"Um actually would you mind going into the kitchen and ordering some food, I can't really cook right now." Her mother asked

She did what she was told and ordered some pizza and Chinese, both, just in case. Soon enough her parents came in with the pizza delivery guy, the Chinese wasn't there yet. They all sat at the table as if they were that perfect family that made home cooked meals every night and told each other about their day. As if. Alexa felt surprisingly tired and went up stairs and took and nice hot bath then kept on her fuzzy pink robe and looked through the window. It was the boy from earlier, next door, apparently he's her neighbor. He noticed her looking at him through her window so she gave him a weak smile and a wink through his. Alexa turned around immediately. He had pale blue compelling eyes, a bold jawline, and short blonde hair. She fell asleep thinking about that smile, that wink, him.

Authors note ( Hope you guys like it so far if you do make sure you tell other people about it and spread the word thanks😘😊)